Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlock code not working

lahaine
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all, any help keeping my sanity would be much appreciated. After an 11 month saga with Vodafone I finally received an unlock code, only for it not to work. After 5 or 6 in store visits & online chats, and hours of lost time, I am looking for a member of the team to step up and sort out my problem. 

My IMEI number was correct, however the unlock code did not work. I will give a brief history of my problems with Vodafone in case the solution lies therein. 

>March 2016: I buy unlocked Sony Ericcson in Vodafone store in John Lewis Oxford street

>May 2016: phone develops a sound fault, I take it back to the store as it is within the guarantee and they send it off to be fixed

>June 2016: I pick the phone back up, however while being fixed the phone appears to have been locked onto the Vodafone network. I am going abroad for 5 months, so I have no option but to use a different phone.

>Vodafone refuses to consider unlocking the phone unless I am a customer, and don't seem to recognise that paying £139 for a handset qualifies me as a paying customer.

>December 2016: I give in and buy a pay as you go SIM, eventually after 30 days I receive an unlock code. 

And yes, you got it, the bloody unlock code doesn't work. 

What do I do? Who can help?

3 REPLIES 3

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@lahaine

Sorry to hear about your experience trying to retrieve a network unlock code (NUC).

I've sent you a private message with a link to contact us. Please follow the instructions and a member of the team will be in touch.

ellisb4
1: Seeker

Vodafone! What a bunch of idiots

I can not begin to count the number of wasted hours I have spent on the phone or emails sent. Today I called them 3 times, the amazing thing is that I am not even with them anymore! I have a phone which needs to go for repair so I thought I would use an old phone I have. I am with EE now and the S5 I have is ok locked to Vodafone. So last Monday I filled in the online request for an unlock code.  Wednesday I called to see why I hadn't received it, I was promised to get it in 24hrs. Today I called and I was given a code on the phone, guess what? Yes you are correct, it doesn't work. I have tried 3 different SIM cards on 3 different networks. Vodafone told me that it is the SIM that is locked. I called EE they gave me a unlock code and pin in case but said they thought it was the phone. I called Vodafone back, they say it is the SIM,  3 different SIM cards!  It's definitely unlocked they say! Vodafone are as much help as a chocolate teapot. Now what?

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ellisb4 We'd like to take a closer look into what's happened here.

So we can do this, I've sent you a private message with details to contact our team directly.

Our team will then be in touch as soon as possible to help.