Pay as you go account specific discussion & device unlocking

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest

Unlock code not working

[ Edited ]

Hi all, any help keeping my sanity would be much appreciated. After an 11 month saga with Vodafone I finally received an unlock code, only for it not to work. After 5 or 6 in store visits & online chats, and hours of lost time, I am looking for a member of the team to step up and sort out my problem. 

My IMEI number was correct, however the unlock code did not work. I will give a brief history of my problems with Vodafone in case the solution lies therein. 

>March 2016: I buy unlocked Sony Ericcson in Vodafone store in John Lewis Oxford street

>May 2016: phone develops a sound fault, I take it back to the store as it is within the guarantee and they send it off to be fixed

>June 2016: I pick the phone back up, however while being fixed the phone appears to have been locked onto the Vodafone network. I am going abroad for 5 months, so I have no option but to use a different phone.

>Vodafone refuses to consider unlocking the phone unless I am a customer, and don't seem to recognise that paying £139 for a handset qualifies me as a paying customer.

>December 2016: I give in and buy a pay as you go SIM, eventually after 30 days I receive an unlock code. 

And yes, you got it, the bloody unlock code doesn't work. 

What do I do? Who can help?

Message 1 of 2 (3,375 Views)
Topics: 0
Solutions: 1

Re: Unlock code not working

@lahaine

Sorry to hear about your experience trying to retrieve a network unlock code (NUC).

I've sent you a private message with a link to contact us. Please follow the instructions and a member of the team will be in touch.

Message 2 of 2 (3,129 Views)
Got a question?

Get help and technical support on Vodafone's devices, products and services from our online community

If your question relates directly to your account or mobile number please contact our customer services team.

My Vodafone

Stay in control of your spending and manage your account online.

Register for My Vodafone

Top up