Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Using Vodaphone in Aus/UK

BF1991
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I am looking to buy a Vodafone Mini 7 3g in Audtralia and would like some advice:
Can I use the phone in the UK and would i be charged the UK Charges? I know it may be a silly question but just wanted to be sure about other country charges. I am from the UK anyway and just wanted to be sure of the usual charges etc.
If in future whilst in the UK I wanted to chage networks is this easily possible with this phone to transfer to a UK network? Depending on rhe other networks charges would i be charged UK GBP even though the phone was purchased abroad.

Lastly as above i was wondering about phone charges in rhw UK even though the phone was purchased in Australia?

Thanks, i look forward ot hearing from you
Regards

A bit of feedback on your website I was looking for an online contact and was directed to your facebook page but I couldn't see anywhwre to PM you

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Just to advise that Vodafone Australia and Vodafone UK are not linked even though both are named as Vodafone. 

Are you intending to use an Australian Sim card in the phone in the UK? If so please refer to the Roaming charges for your own countries Network. You may need to make sure that Roaming is activated on your Account with them. 

If you wish to buy the phone in Australia and use a Vodafone UK sim card in it then you'd need to first make sure the phone is unlocked to all networks so it'll accept a Vodafone UK sim card as it may be locked out at the moment to the Australian Network. 

Vodafone UK payg tariffs called the Big Value Bundle and Freebie Tariff information can be found on the Vodafone UK Website at this Link > pay-as-you-go-plans with further information on Payg T&C Here  plus please check any relavant costs to ring a non UK number in Australia. 

Also check the phones frequencies and bands to ensure it'll work on the Vodafone UK Network frequencies and bands it uses. A site called gsmarena is a good place to check out phone specs. 

To note Vodafone UK wouldn't be able to guarantee everything will work even if the specs look to be supported. 

Vodafone UK frequencies and bands are >

IMG_0857(1).JPG

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jeffkinn

@BF1991 wrote:

Lastly as above i was wondering about phone charges in rhw UK even though the phone was purchased in Australia?

Thanks, i look forward ot hearing from you
Regards

A bit of feedback on your website I was looking for an online contact and was directed to your facebook page but I couldn't see anywhwre to PM you

The origin of the phone isn't important. What and how you are charged depends on the sim card inside the phone. If you have an Australian sim card from an Australian network you will be charged by that network. If you have a UK sim you would be charged in pounds. As long as the phone is unlocked you would be able to put a sim card from any network in the phone.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

From a quick look at the handset specs, technically it should work fine with VF UK's network

/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m570014stgvha_850mz_icon.pngNetwork

• 2G Network Band: 850/900/1800/1900
  • 3G Network Band: 900/2100 HSPA+ 21/5.76Mbps
  • Device Data Capability: 3G

As said above, you just need to make sure it is 'unlocked' so that a Non-VF AU will work in it.

When in the UK just buy whatever SIM/Plan you want to use, and that is what you will be charged.

If you use the Austrialian SIM that comes with it, you will be charged in AUS$ as per their roaming charges.