Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4gb extra data bonus

Kevin6062
4: Newbie
Hi I have the £30 big value bundle pack and have been receiving the 4gb extra data bonus for the last 3 top ups and my new bundle started on the 26th of December and so far I have not received the extra 4gbs of data. As far as I'm aware as long as I'm opted into the £30 bundle I will receive the extra data. Vodafone ow roll any data from previous month which I'm using but surely if they stop the extra data bonus they would of sent a message saying so. Hope Sony an hell me with this issue. Thanks
57 REPLIES 57

well just had a live chat with pawan and was told that the 4gb extra data was a good will gesture and has ended now that they brought in rollover data and as a good will gesture offered me 500mbs.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

Hmm, well............. Assorted expletives, which would get bleeped if I left them here.

If they want to change the Ts&Cs, then, yes, they are entitled to do so - the BVB Ts&Cs which I reference above include "19. We may vary or amend these terms, but if it’s to your disadvantage, we’ll notify you" - but they are then obliged to notify you, as it appears to be to your disadvantage.

It's also normally considered good practice to remove from the Ts&Cs the terms which no longer apply. Sigh.

Well I don't have a problem with deals ending it would of been nice to be notified. I'm sti waiting on the 500mbs being applied. But won't hold my breath. 

Kevin6062
After a while I finally received the 500mbs loyalty data which is only for 7 days. And guess what? I still have 500 mbs so looks to me as if I have to use my bundle data first before I can use the loyalty data so no doubt I won't get to use them anyway. What a joke especially as I had not been informed that the 4gbs come to an end. No wonder Vodafone has the worst customer service I have a good mind to phone for my pac. After all for the same money I can get An extra 8gbs on o2 or spend £10 less on three and get the same 12gbs

Annie_N

@Kevin6062

I was under the impression that all bonus credits, whether earned by a top-up or given as a goodwill gesture, were supposed to be used ahead of one's "routine" allowances. Otherwise, as you say, if they persist for a shorter time than the main allowance, there's not much chance of using them. That certainly happened with a £5 bonus credit that I received recently; valid for 7 days, and it definitely fell as I sent texts or made calls during the 7 days.

There is a significant time delay (often several hours) between using data and it being reflected in the figures on either the MyVodafone account or on the app. So I'd hope that your recent usage simply isn't showing yet, and that it will be your loyalty data rather than your bundled data which will run down.

Kevin6062
Well it's not changed at the moment and I'm not going to use 10gbs in 7 days so really they shouldn't of bothered given me the extra data. Like I said I haven't got. Problem with the 4gb data ending just would of been nice to be texted or message on the site that it was ending.

Annie_N

If you find that it's your 10GB that continues to run down, rather than the 500MB being used first, please post back, as that really shouldn't happen!

Kevin6062
Well it does seem like it the 10gbs but I'll keep an eye on it. I'm not out to cause trouble for Vodafone just want to be treated fairly.

Annie_N

Yes, I understand that - but, if something seems to be going wrong, then it's as well to figure out what is happening. If it's confined to your account, then there may be an aspect of your account that has come adrift in some way, which can be identified and put right. If, on the other hand, making some apparently minor change to the underlying programming is causing an unexpected problem, the sooner it is realised, the less trouble it can cause.

So, while Vodafone would be delighted if its customers had nothing to complain about, they hope that those customers who do have problems will report them, and that customers like me, who visit the Forum regularly out of interest, may spot and flag issues which realistically it is difficult for staff to see at an early stage - something to do with woods and trees!

Kevin6062
I know what you mean but sometimes you can't be bothered with all the hassle. The data being used is still coming out of my big value bundle as I just checked.