You are here:

Pay as you go products & services

Ask a question:
Rank 2: First Poster

4gb extra data bonus

Hi I have the £30 big value bundle pack and have been receiving the 4gb extra data bonus for the last 3 top ups and my new bundle started on the 26th of December and so far I have not received the extra 4gbs of data. As far as I'm aware as long as I'm opted into the £30 bundle I will receive the extra data. Vodafone ow roll any data from previous month which I'm using but surely if they stop the extra data bonus they would of sent a message saying so. Hope Sony an hell me with this issue. Thanks
Message 1 of 54 (9,190 Views)

Re: 4gb extra data bonus

Hi

I believe these are the T&C for that particular offer. 

T&C.

30 Big Value Bundle data offer.

If you purchased a £30 Big Value Bundle between 1st September and 31st October 2016, you’ll have an extra 4GB of data to use, on top of the 12GB data allowance you would get as standard.

The offer will continue for as long as you remain opted in to your £30 Big Value Bundle by topping up £30 on or before the renewal date.

If you opt out of the £30 Big Value Bundle you will no longer receive the offer, even if you opt back in to the £30 Big Value Bundle.

This may need account access so I would suggest speaking with Customer service on 191 or Live Chat. 

If you need to please return to the forum as the forum team maybe able to help further. 

image.jpeg

Message 2 of 54 (9,147 Views)

Thank you very much sorry about the couple of spelling mistakes.
Message 3 of 54 (9,128 Views)

You're very welcome.  Smiley Happy

Would you please update your thread with how you get on. 

This then may go onto help other people who find themselves in similar circumstances. 

image.jpeg

Message 4 of 54 (9,116 Views)

Funny that 2days after my big value bundle started I received my extra 4gbs of data I then noticed last night they've disappeared and still not showing. So they've been taking away from me and I only used 0.9 mbs. Maybe it's time to look for a better deal.
Message 5 of 54 (8,877 Views)
Topics: 0
Solutions: 2

@Kevin6062

So we can look into why this has happened, please pop over to Live Chat

Message 6 of 54 (8,498 Views)

I spoke to an advisor in live chat a few days ago and was told because they brought out recurring data they gave stopped the 4gbs extra data. I haven't got a problem with that but what I do have a problem with is they gave me the 4gbs of data 2 days into my new bundle then just over a day later it was taking away. At the time I had used 0.9mbs and I thought if something comes to an end then at least Vodafone could of notified me or put something up on the website to let Vodafone customers who have the 4gbs of extra data that it's no longer available.
Message 7 of 54 (8,494 Views)
Rank 44: Oracle III

It looks to me as though the Live Chat adviser had it round their neck.

The Big Value Bundle Ts&Cs, updated in December 2016 to reflect the new Data Rollover, still include the details of the 4GB Extra Data offer, and the conditions for it continuing seem perfectly clear:

Data offer.JPG

So, as long as you haven't opted out, changed the value of your BVB, or had an insufficient balance for automatic renewal to happen immediately, then as far as I can see you continue to be entitled to the additional 4GB of data.

In the first instance, I'd suggest going back to Live Chat and trying again to get the bonus added back on. If they continue to feed you the "it's been superseded by the data rollover" line, refer them to the Ts&Cs. If they still persist, then post back here, so that the Forum Team can advise further.

Message 8 of 54 (8,483 Views)

Thank you very much I will go back and chat about it see what happens.
Message 9 of 54 (8,481 Views)
Topics: 4
Solutions: 2

@Kevin6062 Hi, were the Live Chat team able to assist further with this? Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Message 10 of 54 (8,363 Views)

well just had a live chat with pawan and was told that the 4gb extra data was a good will gesture and has ended now that they brought in rollover data and as a good will gesture offered me 500mbs.

Message 11 of 54 (8,338 Views)

Hmm, well............. Assorted expletives, which would get bleeped if I left them here.

If they want to change the Ts&Cs, then, yes, they are entitled to do so - the BVB Ts&Cs which I reference above include "19. We may vary or amend these terms, but if it’s to your disadvantage, we’ll notify you" - but they are then obliged to notify you, as it appears to be to your disadvantage.

It's also normally considered good practice to remove from the Ts&Cs the terms which no longer apply. Sigh.

Message 12 of 54 (8,329 Views)

Well I don't have a problem with deals ending it would of been nice to be notified. I'm sti waiting on the 500mbs being applied. But won't hold my breath. 

Message 13 of 54 (8,294 Views)

After a while I finally received the 500mbs loyalty data which is only for 7 days. And guess what? I still have 500 mbs so looks to me as if I have to use my bundle data first before I can use the loyalty data so no doubt I won't get to use them anyway. What a joke especially as I had not been informed that the 4gbs come to an end. No wonder Vodafone has the worst customer service I have a good mind to phone for my pac. After all for the same money I can get An extra 8gbs on o2 or spend £10 less on three and get the same 12gbs
Message 14 of 54 (8,183 Views)

@Kevin6062

I was under the impression that all bonus credits, whether earned by a top-up or given as a goodwill gesture, were supposed to be used ahead of one's "routine" allowances. Otherwise, as you say, if they persist for a shorter time than the main allowance, there's not much chance of using them. That certainly happened with a £5 bonus credit that I received recently; valid for 7 days, and it definitely fell as I sent texts or made calls during the 7 days.

There is a significant time delay (often several hours) between using data and it being reflected in the figures on either the MyVodafone account or on the app. So I'd hope that your recent usage simply isn't showing yet, and that it will be your loyalty data rather than your bundled data which will run down.

Message 15 of 54 (8,167 Views)

Well it's not changed at the moment and I'm not going to use 10gbs in 7 days so really they shouldn't of bothered given me the extra data. Like I said I haven't got. Problem with the 4gb data ending just would of been nice to be texted or message on the site that it was ending.
Message 16 of 54 (8,160 Views)

If you find that it's your 10GB that continues to run down, rather than the 500MB being used first, please post back, as that really shouldn't happen!

Message 17 of 54 (8,148 Views)

Well it does seem like it the 10gbs but I'll keep an eye on it. I'm not out to cause trouble for Vodafone just want to be treated fairly.
Message 18 of 54 (8,144 Views)

Yes, I understand that - but, if something seems to be going wrong, then it's as well to figure out what is happening. If it's confined to your account, then there may be an aspect of your account that has come adrift in some way, which can be identified and put right. If, on the other hand, making some apparently minor change to the underlying programming is causing an unexpected problem, the sooner it is realised, the less trouble it can cause.

So, while Vodafone would be delighted if its customers had nothing to complain about, they hope that those customers who do have problems will report them, and that customers like me, who visit the Forum regularly out of interest, may spot and flag issues which realistically it is difficult for staff to see at an early stage - something to do with woods and trees!

Message 19 of 54 (8,137 Views)

I know what you mean but sometimes you can't be bothered with all the hassle. The data being used is still coming out of my big value bundle as I just checked.
Message 20 of 54 (8,129 Views)
Got a question?

Get help and technical support on Vodafone's devices, products and services from our online community

If your question relates directly to your account or mobile number please contact our customer services team.

My Vodafone

Stay in control of your spending and manage your account online.

Register for My Vodafone

Top up