cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Big Value Bundles and what happens if I don't use it?

KyG
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all,

I am new to Vodafone Pay as you go and bought £20 of credit which automatically became a big value bundle. It is now almost the end of my 30 day period and I understand the bundle is going to expire... The trouble is I have barely used the minutes and data; am I correct in assuming I will lose all remaining data and minutes if I don't top up with another £20 to allow the automatic renewal? Also, If I do this, I assume I will be getting another load of data and minutes that will take me an age to get through... Is any of the credit recoverable or is it best to opt out now, lose what I haven't used and go onto a smaller bundle or Freebie option?

Any advice appreciated

15 REPLIES 15

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

After the 30 days minutes and texts are lost if not used. 

Regarding Data Vodafone now allow it to rollover for one month. 

More info in > https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Vodafone-products-and-services/Pay-as-you-go/Data-rollover/928667472/...

"Data rollover lets you take unused UK data from your previous Big Value Bundle into the next 30-day period.

So, if you have 1GB left unused, it’ll be automatically rolled over to the next month, and at no extra cost. This will be reflected in your allowance on the My Vodafone app.

Please note: You’ll need to use any data that rolls over within the subesquent 30 days. It won’t rollover two months in a row, meaning you can’t save it for longer than 30 days."

With the Freebies option your allowances still are lost after 30 days but the difference is your top up isn't taken to pay for the 30 day allowances. You simply use the top up credit if you exhausted your allowances. 

More info in > https://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/bundles-and-sims/pay-as-you-go-plans/

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks @BandofBrothers :Smiling:

I assume I would need to rebew my bundle (ie have sufficient credit to renew) in order to have the data rollover?

Thanks

BandOfBrothers

You're Welcome. 

From the link I added. 

"You won’t be eligible to roll over data if:

you renew you Big Value Bundle early.

you change your Big Value Bundle.

your Big Value Bundle isn’t renewed after 30 days of starting"

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

@KyG wrote:

@thanks @BandOfBrothers :Smiling:

I assume I would need to renew my bundle (ie have sufficient credit to renew) in order to have the data rollover?

Thanks

Absolutely correct. It has to renew immediately, or you don't get the rollover.

From how you describe your usage, you're also right that you'd do best to opt out of the BVB, wait until it has expired, then opt in to whichever Freebie you feel you'd get best use out of, give it a few hours for the opt-in to "take", and ONLY THEN top up by min £10 at one go, to trigger your Freebie.

It is important that you don't top up until your opt-in has taken effect, or the £10 will be added to your credit, but it won't trigger the Freebie.

My wife has always just done a topup at a shop. But the last time she did this it seems she was put on a £20 "bundle". Wasn't asked if she wanted this. Total waste of money.

Waited until it ran out then put in £10 (on-line as don't trust shops any more) selecting freebie.. Seems the £20 bundle just rolled on. She still has the £10 credit though.

How does she make sure the credit goes to the "normal" topup and not this "bundle" nonesense?

If Vodafone puts this into another "bundle" it's goodbye vodafone.

AnnS

Hi @merseyman

I suspect what has happened here is your Wife would have needed to opt out of the Big Value before being able to change to a Freebee.  When the £10.00 credit was added online, the bundle was still active.  There would have been insufficient credit for a renewal bundle and only the credit could be added.

If the Big Value is cancelled by dialling 2345 and following the prompts, there shouldn't be any problem adding the Freebee on the next top up.

Firstly we waited until the bundle was supposed to have expired.

Secondly, although what you say is what Vodafone say, there didn't seem to be any option to opt out via 2345.

Going to wait until the new/extended bundle has expired and see what happens. But if Vodafone thieve (& I mean thieve) the £10 credit into another bundle then we'll both move to another provider, one that doesn't treat it's customers as Vodafone has.

What happened is unacceptable.

Annie_N

What should happen, if your wife didn't have enough to renew the £20 BVB, is that she will revert to standard PAYG a week after the original BVB expired. Then going to 2345, and trying to opt in to one of the Freebies, should work. Once she has had confirmation that the opt-in to the Freebie is in place (usually takes an hour or two), she can top up, and that should trigger the Freebie.

Calling 2345 should produce a recital of the current situation, and somewhere in the choices, the one she needs will be hiding. They've recently changed how it's organised, so I can't offer definite clues, but setting up an online account is another way of getting there. https://www.vodafone.co.uk/myvodafone/faces/oracle/webcenter/portalapp/pagehierarchy/Page2.jspx

A WEEK!

She has to be without a phone for a week?