Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blank Sim Card

willie5094
4: Newbie

Trying to do a sim swap from standard size sim on old Nokia phone to Nano sim on iphone 5s, I ordered a sim card from Vodafone and done the swap online yesterday and it hasn't worked. Done an onloine chat to be told that I need a blank sim card which I could get from a Vodafone shop and not online, unfortunately I am 100 miles from nearest store. I contacted a friend who went into a Vodafone shop for me to get a blank sim card to be told Vodafone don't do blank sim cards anymore and you need to physically take the phone into a Vodafone shop to get it done.

Who  is right and who is wrong, please help.

24 REPLIES 24

Old phone has a standard size sim that isn't multi it's just the new sim with the number assigned that's multi.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, lang may yer lum reek.

Once again spoke to CS today and they will not inder any circumstances send out a blank sim card as it can only be done in store or online which it certainly cannot be done, think the next step could be to ask for a PAC code and move to another provider as it seems to be the easiest way in my eyes, very angry.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @willie5094, a range of stores offer a blank SIM card for our network. This would not need to be from one of our own stores.

If it is that you're unable to reach one of these stores, please let us know so we can help.

Hi Natasha, I have a mobile phone shop in my home town of Oban on west coast of Scotland and when I spoke to him about getting a blank sim card he says that Vodafone wanted them all by by registered post due to cards being used for fraudulant activity. So really there is no way of doing the phone and sim swap without going to a Vodafone shop which is 100 miles by road and a 6 hour return journey.

It would be fantastic if you could assist me with this please.

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@willie5094

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us so we can help with this.

Hi Carly I've been in touch through PM. Look forward to hearing from you, thanks.

Still no further forward and awaiting assistance from the Tech Team

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@willie5094

When you submitted the form that you accessed via Carly's PM, did you get an email acknowledgement, or just an on-screen acknowledgement?

You should have received an email with a reference number, format #14xxxxxx - if you did receive this, please post the number here, to help the Team locate it. If you didn't receive it, I'd recommend re-submitting the form.

Annie.

Thanks Annie_N I never got an email the first time so resubmitted this morning and just got an email back with ref: EFT195 [#15002681] hope this helps someone get back to me this time, cheers.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @willie5094, thanks for providing us with your email reference number. I can see that the team have received your email and will be in touch as soon as possible to assist you further.