Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Bundle or Credit

Barkas
4: Newbie

Hi all. Im new to Vodafone from 3, Im PAYG and ive purchased a Vodafone Ultra 6 and a £10 bundle which i am using at the moment, as I understand it, my bundle expires after 30 days, then I will be going to a bank machine and purchasing another minimum £10 of credit....will I be given credit to use as I please for data / texts / calls until it expires or will it expire after 30 days too, or will I be given another £10 bundle. Thanks for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

You're welcome. 

It's just the minutes & texts and data allowances that last for 30 days that do not roll over. 

Any Top Up Credit remains on your account.

However a person has to at least use their SIM card every 180 days to keep it live.

i.e. Top up, use data, send texts and make calls but not ones to customer service on 191. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

25 REPLIES 25

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

Check in your myvodafone to see what Payg tariff your on. 

If it's a Big Value Bundle then you top up and Vodafone take that top up to pay for allowances that lasts 30 days and do not roll over. So if you don't use them they are lost. 

Then you top up again in time for your new refresh date. 

If your on the Freebies tariff then you top up and you get some allowances but the top up credit is not taken. Instead you can use the credit when you've exhausted your allowances. Again the allowances run for 30 days and do not roll over. 

More info here Payg Tariffs.

Current Phone  >

Thanks, Ive checked that info and I am on the Bundle Simply Plan. How do I change onto the Freebies Plan which is more suited to my needs rather than Voda,s.  thanks

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome.  :Smiling:

"If you want to opt out of your Big Value Bundle and switch to a Freebie, follow these simple steps:

Opt out of your current Big Value Bundle by calling 2345 free from your Vodafone Pay as you go mobile.

Wait until your current allowance runs out at the end of your 30-day period.

Buy any of our Vodafone Freebies.  "

From > How-do-I-switch-from-a-Vodafone-Big-Value-Bundle-to-a-Vodafone-Freebie.

Current Phone  >

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

Hi @Barkas

As @BandOfBrothers says, you should be able to opt out of automatic renewal of your Bundle via 2345, though finding your way through the IVR maze can be hard-going.

As you know that you're on the Simply plan, I assume you've set up an online account, and you might find that an easier option. The Bundle Details tab is something of a misnomer, as all it tells you is your underlying plan! Bundles and Freebies is actually the tab you need:

Bundle route.JPG

My account shows an earlier Freebie which I'm still running with, but you should see your BVB, and I believe you'll see options to change the value on renewal, or to opt out without it renewing. Unless things have changed recently, I don't believe you will actually be able to opt in to a Freebie at the same time.

If you opt out, then the system won't be looking to take the next £10 from your balance. But the essential thing is not to top up until the old BVB has expired, and you are safely opted in to your new Freebie. If you wait until you are sure of that, then you should get your new Freebie when you top up by at least £10 in one go. If you top up too early, it won't trigger the Freebie, and you'll be running in basic PAYG mode without the 30-day allowance which is the big benefit of the Freebie, so you end up having to top up again to trigger the Freebie.

Of course, this does mean that there's an interval while you don't have a credit balance or an allowance, but it sounds as though you aren't planning to be a heavy user of your phone, so that shouldn't inconvenience you too much.

Something to be aware of is the £2 daily data charge if you use mobile data on a day when you don't have a data allowance, which makes a dent in your balance if you aren't expecting it. So, unless you go for the Data Freebie, make sure you keep mobile data off when you don't need it. Even if you do have the Data Freebie, the basic allowance only goes so far, and you need to keep an eye on usage. Oh, and you need to ensure that data if off at the end of the 30-days, as there can be a few hours before the next Freebie kicks in. As I'm something of a night-owl, I used to find it had cost me the £2 daily data charge during this gap, until I trained myself to remember!

Hi Annie N, I noticed In your reply Annie you mentioned "Basic PAYG mode" I have not seen that on the Voda website, is that something I can get that does not include ANY bundle, how does it work?

BandOfBrothers

Just to add @Barkas

If you use up all your allowances then there is this that can help..

Payg Extras.

If a person runs out of allowances before the month is up and decides not to add any extras then they drop onto basic Payg charges which can be expensive. 

Info in > Here.

Current Phone  >

Wow just checked those prices out, its Freebies for me then thanks again Lee

Annie_N

@Barkas

I think you need to consider carefully how you'll be using your phone. Initially you seemed to indicate you wouldn't be using it heavily enough to warrant the Big Value Bundle. However, if you feel that you would in fact be spending over £10 per month at the basic prices, then perhaps a Big Value Bundle is what you need after all?

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works!

Hi Annie, When I purchased my new Vodafone smart ultra 6 last week, I had to purchase at least a minimum £10 BVB to get the fone at a reduced £89 special offer online from Vodafone, Im gonna change over to Freebie in 3 weeks time when the BVB expires. Thanks, I appreciate your help.