Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Bundle or Credit

Barkas
4: Newbie

Hi all. Im new to Vodafone from 3, Im PAYG and ive purchased a Vodafone Ultra 6 and a £10 bundle which i am using at the moment, as I understand it, my bundle expires after 30 days, then I will be going to a bank machine and purchasing another minimum £10 of credit....will I be given credit to use as I please for data / texts / calls until it expires or will it expire after 30 days too, or will I be given another £10 bundle. Thanks for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

You're welcome. 

It's just the minutes & texts and data allowances that last for 30 days that do not roll over. 

Any Top Up Credit remains on your account.

However a person has to at least use their SIM card every 180 days to keep it live.

i.e. Top up, use data, send texts and make calls but not ones to customer service on 191. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

25 REPLIES 25

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

@kimla10

What phone is it? If it's an iPhone 3G, then, unless it is faulty, surely it must be capable of connecting to mobile data? At a quick search, I found https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone_3G which seems sure that it has mobile data.

forumfairy
13: Advanced Member

It would be worth contacting the PAYG team direct on 2345 as they will be able to advise what your credit has been used up on - this may at least confirm if it is indeed data that is to blame, or otherwise what charges have been taken from your account. 🙂

Thank you I will 😊

I appreciate all your help:)

i am going to try the Bundle as i'm in UK and see what happens. not going to Europe for a while now as i'm moving house as well so lets see how this fairs out. The credit lasted a couple days so lets hope the Bundle will be better. i'm kinda scared to topup now!

xx thanks all

it does pop up it is off which is fine. i wouldnt use it anyway because internet is too slow on the 3G anyway. thank you

Annie_N

@Barkas I think you've got the wrong picture, though I'm not sure quite where it has gone wrong! If your initial bundle has expired, you have opted in to the most appropriate Freebie for your purposes, and have had confirmation, or seen on your online account that the opt-in has taken effect, then, when you top up by £10, that £10 is added to your credit, and you get the 30-day allowance of UK minutes, UK texts or UK data appropriate to that Freebie - only one of them, not all three! You did see the Freebies tab on the Tariff link that @BandOfBrothers gave you?

So you don't actually "buy" the Freebie, you get a "bonus" (for lack of a better term) for topping up. If it's the Freebie Minutes, for example, you'd get 150 UK minutes which you can use during the first 30 days. But any minutes above this, any texts, and any data, would all be paid for out of your £10 credit balance. Any funds left in your balance just get moved on, and provided you make chargeable use of your phone at regular intervals (see the PAYG Ts&Cs), they'll just keep going until you've used them.

But, if you want a further 30-day allowance of whichever element you want, you have to top up again - and again the £10 gets added to your balance!