Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Bundle or Credit

Barkas
4: Newbie

Hi all. Im new to Vodafone from 3, Im PAYG and ive purchased a Vodafone Ultra 6 and a £10 bundle which i am using at the moment, as I understand it, my bundle expires after 30 days, then I will be going to a bank machine and purchasing another minimum £10 of credit....will I be given credit to use as I please for data / texts / calls until it expires or will it expire after 30 days too, or will I be given another £10 bundle. Thanks for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

You're welcome. 

It's just the minutes & texts and data allowances that last for 30 days that do not roll over. 

Any Top Up Credit remains on your account.

However a person has to at least use their SIM card every 180 days to keep it live.

i.e. Top up, use data, send texts and make calls but not ones to customer service on 191. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

25 REPLIES 25

BandOfBrothers

@Barkas wrote:

Wow just checked those prices out, its Freebies for me then thanks again Lee

You're most welcome @Barkas

The beauty of Payg is that you are able to change if one particular option no longer suits. 

Indeed it's one of the reasons I choose Payg too. 

Enjoy the journey. :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

Thanks for that Lee, so If I go onto Freebies Tarriff, and I purchase £10 worth, I get a set of allowances to use, "Which will be less than the Bundle Tarriff I assume" and once I have used them up I am left using up the £10 credit until IT is used up, if thats correct, what happens if I have £3 credit at the end of the month, does it carry over to the next month or does it expire?  Vodafones freebie rule 3 on their website today unclearly indicates that it ALL seems to expire after 30 days, and if you dont buy any more Freebie....your then moved to the  "Standard Rates"  are these standard rates more or less expensive than the freebies rates?

Thanks for the help

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome. 

It's just the minutes & texts and data allowances that last for 30 days that do not roll over. 

Any Top Up Credit remains on your account.

However a person has to at least use their SIM card every 180 days to keep it live.

i.e. Top up, use data, send texts and make calls but not ones to customer service on 191. 

Current Phone  >

Ahh Right thats fine then, youve just cleared that up for me thanks Lee, I will follow the  advice and fone Voda to apply for Freebies and wait till the end of the month. Thanks very much

Hello All,

i have tried all the networks and all the cons..... my dad works in Germany and he's been with Vodafone for absolute years so that is why i joined last week. paid £10 today i have 44p. i can't do anything on my phone because i am awaiting a new one so using an old iphone 3G so obviously all i can do it text & ring. i made 2 calls to an EE number.

i wanted a Bundle BUT sometimes i text my dad on Vodafone Germany

i can't afford a £10er every week so i need desperate advise because my dad has no trouble texting me with his bundle.

is there a bundle where i can text Germany once a week if that?

PLEASE PLEASE HELP - Danke sehr

Kim

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

@kimla10

Firstly, in view of the amount of your £10 you have got through in a short time, I suspect that your phone must be connecting to Vodafone's 3G signal and using data. You need to switch mobile data off on your phone, if you wish to avoid data charges (£2 per day if you haven't got a bundle which includes data).

It does depend very much what general usage you will be making of your phone, which bundle or Freebie will be best for your purposes. See the links in @BandOfBrothers' post #4 above for the details.

As far as keeping in touch with your Dad is concerned, he has a phone with Vodafone DE? In that case, calls/texts to him from a PAYG Vodafone UK number (see this) will costPAYG to Germany.JPG

So I think you will want to opt in to Vodafone International, which is free, to reduce the costs of that. You may also want to buy the Extra International Minutes at £5 for 50 minutes to be used in 30 days - if you are going to call him for more than 20 minutes per 30 days, that would be worth your while.

I hope this helps you?

i have an old 3G i didn't even think i had mobile data considering it pops up all the time that i don't have any. i turned it off along with 3G.

Can i use a UK Bundle and text my dad on the rare occassion we do text, we mostly email??

thanks

Annie_N

@kimla10

There isn't a PAYG bundle which includes texts to non-UK numbers. So you will need to have a small credit balance in addition to your bundle, to cover the occasional text to your Dad.

Although the cost of a text to a German number is the same, whether or not you have opted in to Vodafone International, the cost of calls is much lower if you have opted in. So I think I'd be inclined to opt in, just in case you needed to call him either on his mobile (25p per minute) or a landline (5p per minute).

Also, it can come in handy if you have to make other calls abroad. Early last year I needed to make some arrangements for a visit to Canada, and I was making calls to Canada for only 1.5p per minute - almost incredibly good value!

jeffkinn

@kimla10 wrote:

i have an old 3G i didn't even think i had mobile data considering it pops up all the time that i don't have any. i turned it off along with 3G.

Can i use a UK Bundle and text my dad on the rare occassion we do text, we mostly email??

thanks

There are lots of alternatives to text messages. Use iMessage if you both have iPhones or Whatsapp if you don't. These just use a tiny amount of data and the location of the sending and receiving phones is not important.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Thank you all!

i put credit on a wk ago thurs & I have none now. This old 3G doesn't even have mobile data so how could I use all my credit! That is a mystery??  I refuse to put in another £10 it'll be like £10pw!!!! I won't top up until Feb. If this is what happens using an old phone there is no point until I get my new phone. 

I will research payg options & apps😀

Thanks