cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot receive calls and messages, Vodafone support hopeless.

llkkjj
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all

I wonder if someone can guide me as what I should do, I just got a Vodafone SIM card and is currently roaming outside of the UK, I can call and send messages, but cannot receive calls and messages, but I can receive messages from Vodafone. I have tried it on different mobiles thus can eliminate that it is a mobile issue.

Vodafone UK‘s support is just totally hopeless.

1: 1st live chat technician said he refresh and it would surely work after 10 min. not working

2: 2nd live chat technician said it is a pre activation bar, he said he fixed it, it should work after 5 min.

3: Called Vodafone support, after 30 min on hold and being directed to different people I was put to a technician who was going to trouble shoot my phone for me, which is useless because it’s not the problem of the phone.

When I told him that a live chat told me it might be a pre activation bar, he agreed immediately but said it needs 24hours. (Which now I understand he completely does not know what he is doing)

1. The last live chat, they said nothing’s wrong with my account and asked for my email so a technician will contact me which no one did.

What should I do? Vodafone support is total hopeless and I would just waste my time explaining my problem each time to them and not getting it fixed.

Does anyone know of any email that I can contact of competent people?

It’s been almost 2 weeks now and I really need to get this sorted as I can’t receive calls and messages.

Thanks.

27 REPLIES 27

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @llkkjj

As you are probably aware, you have an incoming restriction bar on your account which should have been removed before you left the UK.  Vodafone offer a checklist of things to do on the Travelling Abroad section of the website and disabling any bars is on the list.

It may be possible to remove the restriction from your online account under bars.

If there are still problems, its going to mean persevering through Customer Service channels to get the restriction removed.

yes, probably, but everything is opened on my account, and after 3 live chats and a phone call is getting no where, all the guy have to do is promise that after 24hours it will be solved to get the problem out of him.

I have to find time to call them cause its gonna take an hour just explain to them the problem while they put me through to 2-3 different people.

Send emails to consumerhelp.vodafone.co.uk and customer.carevodafone.co.uk hoping they would able to guide me , got a reply that they only deal with insurance and i have to contact live chat, the least they could do is forward my email to the concerned department which they didn't.

what hopeless support my god.

after 1 hour on phone support they said vodafone will contact me in 3-4 working days , haha ,what a joke

Since my uk mobile can't recive calls, i gave them my number which is "international", a Malta number which is an EU country, they can't call international numbers, and they are a multi national company? Someone must be joking with me.

Retired-Meg-B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @llkkjj,

I've sent you a private message so that we can get this resolved.

Thanks,

Meg-B

Hi megan,

You send me a link to a generic website form which i already know of?

I already posted in the forums, facebook, complaints form, email, live chat and phone chat and really with due respect does not really feel like filling up another form.

If you can kindly forward this link which explains everything as an internal email to an competent vodafone support personel i would be grateful.

As non of the tech support i talk to are really comprehending this simple problem that i am unable to recive calls and messages and this is urgent becuase that is a large fucntion of what a mobile should do.

After 3 weeks, still waiting for someone to contact and fix my problem from vodafone, what a disaster of a company, is this a joke ?

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@llkkjj wrote:

After 3 weeks, still waiting for someone to contact and fix my problem from vodafone, what a disaster of a company, is this a joke ?

Did you complete the online form Meg-B linked you to?  If not, a member of the eForum Team will not be able to contact you and help you with your issue. 

PWIAC

i completed the online form last week, also completed complaints form, i haven't recived any correspodences in my email from vodafone at all these past few weeks.

Recived an sms today that they have investigated the issue and it is a result of a roaming bar, i have to call them agian to and quote to them myy problem so they can remove my bar.

1: Why did tech support after 3 weeks figure out that there is a bar?

2: Why would they not unbar it straight away for me to use it, but to call them and explain to them the problem over and over agian.

Is this a joke of a company or what.