Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Emergency Calls Only

bolo
12: Established

Just bought another vf Smart Ultra 6  and have 2 questions:

1.  I got a payg sim with the phone but how do I set it up to make calls and avoid the title of this thread message, and;

2.  Where do I find the facility to alter data roaming setting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-LouiseE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello @bolo

The information provided by other members of the forum is spot on. 

However, please be aware changes made to the SIM / account should be fairly instant however they can sometimes take up to 24 hours. 

Please be patient and reboot the device. 

If you are no further forward after 24 hours you can re-speak to Live Chat for an update or head into a Vodafone store.

Louise

View solution in original position

63 REPLIES 63

Hi Louise. No sooner had I read your reply when my new phone made a noise and it is now working. As you said sims can sometime take a while. However, when I tried to make a call, I was told that I had used up all my credit and that I would have to top up. I haven't been able to make a single call or send a text so it's back to the chat line!

bolo

Didn't last long! Fourth chat man said that he had sorted it out and that my £10 bundle plus 3000 minutes had been added. When I went to check I was told that my number was not a valid vf one,

Dizzy: As a compensation will add 3000 minutes on your account.
Dizzy: Is that fine with you ?
Bob: And my £10 bundle of course Dizzy.
Dizzy: Okay.

bolo

Is there a uk contact phone number with a person at the other end?

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

No.

The Vodafone landline or via 191 will take you through to either an overseas call centre or a Uk one.

You have no control as to who your routed to.

You can however request to speak to a Uk Callcentre and they'll transfer you through if possible. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Tried the landline and 191 but in both cases you are required to key in your phone number which is then not recognised. You then enter a loop of questions always ending at the beginning to start again. The people on the chat line aparantly say anything to make you happy but at the end of eg an hour session end up doing precisely nothing.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @bolo

I've just tried now and on the 4th prompt it did change to Press 1 for Payg or Press 2 for contracts. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I know! But when you press 1 the whole cycle starts again with no human voice intervention.

Retired-LouiseE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello @bolo

I'm disappointed to hear of this new problem. 

Please call customer services on 191 or call 0333 304 0191 from any other phone line and when asked to type in your number do not type anything into the keypad - the system should bypass this stage after asking four times. 

If you are unable to get through please head into a local store. 

Louise

Sorry Louise but I missed this reply. I have tried what you suggested time after time after time without success.  However, after seeking help from 7 agents and a supervisor on the chat line I am now considering buying a sim from my local Tesco just to get this ordeal over with. 

bolo

When I tried to check my balance via #1345#, I get the message which is the title of this thread. If I go to 17298, I am told that my sim has been activated and is ready to top up and I am then asked to confirm my number. As soon as I key it in a voice message tells me that my number is not a Vodafone payg number.

Advice would be appreciated.