cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to reactive an inactive PAYG SIM card? Invalid after 90 days without chargable phone calls.

molgx
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

How to reactivate an Inactive PAYG Vodafone SIM card?

My Vodafone PAYG SIM card became Invalid after 90 days without making chargeable phone calls. There was still credit in it.

I really need to get that number back, and I was thinking to transfer that number to my Vodafone pay monthly account.

The last time I use the SIM was January 2015, 8 months ago.

I phoned CS, they told me once it is deactivated, it's not possible to reactivate it. It's difficult to understand. It's not very long time; the number has not been recycled. Why can’t it be reactivated by Vodafone system.

Can any one help me, please?  Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

The T&C say that services can cease if a chargeable call / text or top up has not been carried out on the account within 180 days. 

Once it has been deactivated then if not caught very quickly it will remain as so. 

6. Suspension, disconnection and ending the agreement.

"3. You choose not to use the service for 180 consecutive days. Using the service means making any chargeable outbound activity such as making an outbound call (excluding calls to 191), sending an SMS, using data or topping up your account." from http://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/configfiles/documents/contentdocuments/pay-as-you-go-terms-and-c...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

I think you need to return to Customer Services, or use Live Chat, and ask them to re-check that the number isn't just suspended. If you made a chargeable call (but not to 191) as recently as January, then the number shouldn't have been disconnected yet, but it could be getting very close.

I'm aware that some CS staff seem a bit confused about the disconnection period, but it is definitely a total of 270 days without chargeable use, see para 6b of the Ts&Cs, so press them to re-check your situation.

I have just had this, last made a chargeable phone call on 22nd May and a few days ago my phone and sim have been deleted. 90 day rule.

Phoned customer services and was told can't have my phone number or credit back on my PAYG phone which is locked to Vodarobbers.

I was told by customer services to get a replacement sim and they would transfer the number and credit.

Got a new sim, ring customer services and was told NO you have lost everything tough.

Vodarobbers

kids

You can try again with Live Chat and hope that your number has not been put back into a pool.

Otherwise as you say you will have lost everything under the 90 rule.

Yes tried now a voice phone call, tried twice on live chat and with the replacement new sim card another voice phone call with customer services.

This is in breach of vodarobbers own terms and conditions section 6b

and quote,

"If we suspend the mobile equipment because you have chosen not to use the services (as defined in 6a3 above) for 180 consecutive days we will send you an SMS notifying you that you should top up your account or make a chargeable outbound call (but not calls to 191), send a chargeable SMS or use your data within the next 90 days.
If you then fail to make any chargeable outbound calls (but not calls to 191), send a chargeable SMS, use your data or top up your account within 90 days from the date of the SMS because you have not kept to this agreement or not used the services for 270 consecutive days, we will disconnect your mobile equipment, and you will lose any credit held on your account."

Of course there was never any message that they would disconnect the service

I have now found that the customer service team have NO ACCESS to vodafone's T&C's

It's a total of 270 days before they should switch the sim off,

section 6b

b. If we suspend the mobile equipment because you have chosen not to use the services (as defined in 6a3 above) for 180 consecutive days we will send you an SMS notifying you that you should top up your account or make a chargeable outbound call (but not calls to 191), send a chargeable SMS or use your data within the next 90 days.
If you then fail to make any chargeable outbound calls (but not calls to 191), send a chargeable SMS, use your data or top up your account within 90 days from the date of the SMS because you have not kept to this agreement or not used the services for 270 consecutive days, we will disconnect your mobile equipment, and you will lose any credit held on your account.

OF COURSE ALL THIS MEANS NOTHING TO CUSTOMER SERVICE,

and I quote...

Manish: at 21:21:54
We are not allowed access to the link you are giving me,. and...

Manish: at 21:19:51
A number is disconnected if not used for 120 days.

Oh we will telephone you......

Manish: at 21:19:41
xxx, I have already told you that this is not updated on the website.

Manish: at 20:53:39
xxx, a number is suspended if not used for 90 days.

Siddharth: at 20:32:17
Further one of the advisor from customer relation will call you back to resolve this issue.

A complete utter pack of lies

Same thing happened with me...I lost a payg number number which was nearly 10 years..And again there was no any txt or call to say number will be suspended.I was getting a incoming call just a week before it got suspended.Called C.C. and hot told I had not made any chargeable call.

@harrow wrote:

Yes tried now a voice phone call, tried twice on live chat and with the replacement new sim card another voice phone call with customer services.

This is in breach of vodarobbers own terms and conditions section 6b

and quote,

"If we suspend the mobile equipment because you have chosen not to use the services (as defined in 6a3 above) for 180 consecutive days we will send you an SMS notifying you that you should top up your account or make a chargeable outbound call (but not calls to 191), send a chargeable SMS or use your data within the next 90 days.
If you then fail to make any chargeable outbound calls (but not calls to 191), send a chargeable SMS, use your data or top up your account within 90 days from the date of the SMS because you have not kept to this agreement or not used the services for 270 consecutive days, we will disconnect your mobile equipment, and you will lose any credit held on your account."

Of course there was never any message that they would disconnect the service

Same thing happened with me...I lost a payg number number which was nearly 10 years..And again there was no any txt or call to say number will be suspended.Phone was used to get all incoming call just a week before it got suspended.Called C.C. and got told I had not made any chargeable call.

Annie_N

@altered_cell

Do you know when you last made a chargeable call, sent a chargeable text, or made chargeable use of data? Incoming calls, and calls to Vodafone free short codes etc don't count for this purpose. Also I presume that data connections used only to access Vodafone's unmetered pages don't count, although most phones would probably manage to make a chargeable data connection at the same time.

It is essential to actively do something, rather than rely on incoming stuff.