Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I'm a liar?

Climhazzard
3: Seeker
My data just ran out after 1Gb, I got a text saying so. I thought this be funny as I have unlimited data. So got in touch with Vodafone to be told I'm lying, we've never done an unlimited data bundle. That's funny I say, why does my screen say 20Gb allowance and called unlimited. No your lying, my screen doesn't say that and if it does take into store. Would it not be easier to be able to post a screen shot. I live absolutely miles from any store. Outrageous customer service to be told more than once I'm lying.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@Climhazzard

Overnight I started wondering whether you were signed up to the right bundle for your pattern of usage.

With a Freebie Data, and topping up £30, you get 1GB of data, and you say you then spend the £30 for other usage. But just 100 UK minutes at 30p per min would get through the whole £30.

So I reckon you'd get more usage out of the £15 Big Value Bundle, let alone one of the higher value ones

BVBs.JPG

They all now come with Data Rollover (see the details on the link above), so any data unused in a "light" month would roll forward to the next BVB for a maximum of 30 days. If you travel within Europe, you'd also get the benefit of roaming allowances if you went for the top-end £30 BVB.

I realise you may want the present situation sorted out more clearly to your satisfaction, but in the long run you might do well to consider the usage you want from your phone, and consider opting out of the Freebie Data, wait until the current one has expired, then switching to a BVB.

View solution in original position

34 REPLIES 34

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

I think it's on how this is perceived by an individual. 

However both parties should remain courteous and civil when discussing a situation. 

20gb data allowance isn't unlimited.

Typically minutes and calls are unlimited T&C's 

If a person exhausted that 20gb allowance within 30 days, then charges would then be applied to remain using data. 

True unlimited is just that. You could go on forever with no charges. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Climhazzard

The first thing to do is to log onto your online account and look at your My Vodafone application on the phone and check your usage. If you are within the 20G data limit for your monthly billing period, you will have nothing to worry about.

It may well be that with the text being automated, it was generated in error.

If you have recently changed your contract in any way, your data allowance will be proratered up to the billing cycle date and this may be something to be taken into consideration.

If you still need clarification, live chat will be able to look at your account and find out what has happened to your 20GB data allowance.

Climhazzard
No. I can not use my data even though my app says... UK data unlimited 1gb used. So it's not unlimited or am I still making it up? I signed up for "ALWAYS ON DATA" which meant I got 20Gb of data to keep it on all the time. I was sold this in store. Apparently Vodafone have never done this bundle, even though it says this in my account and on my app. It's fine, Il just go to spectators obviously.

Climhazzard
*specsavers

jeffkinn

It is true that Vodafone doesn't do unlimited data and has never offered unlimited data.

I also have a 20Gb allowance and I've looked at the My Vodafone app on my phone and the word unlimited does not appear anywhere, even though I have unlimited calls and texts.

On the Vodafone website the word unlimited appears against UK minutes and texts but not data.

There is clearly something seriously wrong with your account if it says you have unlimited data and then charges you after 1GB.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

63johnw
Hi. When did the contract start? You get 2 months unlimited data with new/upgraded contracts.

BandOfBrothers

That's handy @63johnw

:Smiling:

Can you please point to where that is ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw
Sorry just checked and that stopped in June 2016, my mistake.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/consumer/mobile/pay-monthly/data-test-drive/

Climhazzard
Am a newish customer, 3 months. The plan was called "ALWAYS ON". Can someone at least confirm this plan even existed or I will be having serious issues with the retailer. Thanks