Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I'm a liar?

Climhazzard
3: Seeker
My data just ran out after 1Gb, I got a text saying so. I thought this be funny as I have unlimited data. So got in touch with Vodafone to be told I'm lying, we've never done an unlimited data bundle. That's funny I say, why does my screen say 20Gb allowance and called unlimited. No your lying, my screen doesn't say that and if it does take into store. Would it not be easier to be able to post a screen shot. I live absolutely miles from any store. Outrageous customer service to be told more than once I'm lying.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@Climhazzard

Overnight I started wondering whether you were signed up to the right bundle for your pattern of usage.

With a Freebie Data, and topping up £30, you get 1GB of data, and you say you then spend the £30 for other usage. But just 100 UK minutes at 30p per min would get through the whole £30.

So I reckon you'd get more usage out of the £15 Big Value Bundle, let alone one of the higher value ones

BVBs.JPG

They all now come with Data Rollover (see the details on the link above), so any data unused in a "light" month would roll forward to the next BVB for a maximum of 30 days. If you travel within Europe, you'd also get the benefit of roaming allowances if you went for the top-end £30 BVB.

I realise you may want the present situation sorted out more clearly to your satisfaction, but in the long run you might do well to consider the usage you want from your phone, and consider opting out of the Freebie Data, wait until the current one has expired, then switching to a BVB.

View solution in original position

34 REPLIES 34

Did you open up the contract directly with Vodafone or was it an independent?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Climhazzard
Vodafone store.

Can you pop in a screenshot then showing unlimited data ?

Current Phone  >

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
And were you told that data was unlimited? The name of an offer is not important is it? It's what the details of the deal are that's important. Mobile data is always on by definition but it's never unlimited. Not on this network.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Climhazzard
I could put up a screen shot but I don't see the option to do so on here. Try this https://postimg.org/image/c0jqus8hl/

jeffkinn
This is a PAYG screen not a monthly contract. Is that right? That makes a whole lot of difference to any advice we give you.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Climhazzard
Yes payg

This is an open forum so you might want to edit out your mobile number @Climhazzard

Current Phone  >

jeffkinn
A good example of not giving us a vital piece of information leading to a raft of replies that are not relevant. When you saw the word contract you should have said it was a PAYG arrangement.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Climhazzard
I don't have edit option.