cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Missing Rewards points after a number change and now lost. bye bye £10 worth of value

emodave
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Yes. Exactly as my top post says.

On Tuesday I phoned customers services as the pay as you go number i had was getting some "shady" calls for someone who claims they could buy drugs from me in London....I live in the south wales valleys so who knew! 

Anyway I asked for a new number and said please I dont want to lose my points or credit. "no worry sir thats fine". 

So 48hours on. 1250 reward points down the drain and 191 only response (as they have to change things since the debacles on the news) is come on the eforum and right a complaint. So here I am....eight weeks and counting before I raise it on to get it sorted.

15 REPLIES 15

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Its totally reasonable not to want to lose those points. 

I would have thought it would have been connected to your Payg Vodafone account. 

This eforum is owned and monitored by Vodafone U.K. We have members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to respond and Help where they can. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name. All posts are read by them.

Hang in there and I'm sure they'll be in touch

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @emodave

The advisor should have been more than aware that the points go with the number and as soon as the number is changed, any points are lost.

If you use Live Chat and explain the situation, they may be able to do a goodwill credit to your number.  

Any problems, please come back to the forum.

Nope. I've been told due to the recent "issues" highlighted in the press its no no no to any good will gestures. Thanks for the suggestion

BandOfBrothers

Hi

Have they clarified that a change of number loses the points ?

Current Phone  >

Nope, they have said they know the points are there but cant transfer them as policy says no. One person suggested goto a shop and reactivate the number via a blank sim card but the shop when I called by on lunch said this is not possible.

BandOfBrothers

Hi.

If so then that's poor initial advice by the agent that changed your number. 

Once a number has been quarantined there is a very short period of time to re activate it. 

This eforum is owned and monitored by Vodafone U.K. We have members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to respond and Help where they can. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name. All posts are read by them.

Hang in there and I'm sure they'll be in touch. 

Current Phone  >

Hi @emodave

I've sent you a private message detailing how our team can get this looked into for you. 

Thanks, 

Sarah

Thanks Sarah. I have all day been waiting for the PM but its still not there

I sent the message at 11:12am, this morning - I'm unsure why you wouldn't have received this.

I've sent over another message now. Let me know if you haven't received this one. 

Thanks, 

Sarah