Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My vodafone app is defective

nighttrain
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Great! The 'my vodafone' app does not show payg add-on data, it shows data as 0 even when you buy an add-on.

The support site instructs you to use the 'my vodafone'  website instead, which in turn does not let you log on unless you can receive the access code.

So unless you are lucky enough to have  SIMULTANEOUS wi-fi and also phone signal, you cannot ever find out how much data you have.  

Even if you do have both, you have to go through a really complicated song and dance. Why don't they change the app to show all available data including add-ons????? Are they just trying to discourage payg customers?

This mistake cannot be unintentional.

20 REPLIES 20

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

I appreciate what your saying. 

May I ask if you try the shortcode 2345 on Pay as you go does this help with managing your account. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

@nighttrain

Within the app, if you go to the menu (the three horizontal bars icon), and choose My products and services, do you see the answer, possibly well down the page? There is a bit of a time lag with the app, so it wouldn't show immediately after you've bought an Extra.

I currently have Extra Minutes, and can see my present situation there, although not on the App home page. I haven't got Extra Data just now, but I'm reasonably sure that, when I last used it, I could see the remaining data allowance by the same route.

The only possible restriction I'm aware of is having too early a version of the app. For a spare number I have an old smartphone that won't progress beyond Gingerbread! That can only cope with a fairly early version of the app, which doesn't include details of Extras. Are you running the most recent version available for your phone?

Hi, Are you sure you are on PAYG and not pay  monthly? Even the support site says  you can see extras in the app if you are on pay monthly, but not if you are on PAYG.  I sort of remember, last time I did that it just was a link saying "Learn about data extras" and when I clicked it it just launched a browser.  

I will try again next time I'm in a location with enough vodafone signal strength just in case you are right.

Annie_N
Quite sure I'm on PAYG - have been for 20 years!

I've just taken a shot of the Products and Services screen of my app, to demonstrate what I see, but inserting it into a post from my phone isn't working out, so I'll add it later.

Once the app has "found" you using mobile data, you can use it over wifi instead. I do that most of the time, as the mobile signal around here isn't great.

I hadn't spotted that the Support info on the app was out of date. I'll report it as in need of updating, but it would be as well to know exactly what you see about the Extra Data, as I don't often use that one. Could you perhaps post again once you've had a chance to check?

Annie_N

@nighttrain

This is the screenshot of the My Products and Services info:

Screenshot_2016-12-02-05-34-11.png

I still have one of the old Text & Web Freebies. It was even more interesting on 27 Nov, when I could see the final day of my exhausted Extra Minutes, as well as the start-up of the Rewards Extra Minutes (aka Loyalty Bundle), where I got one of the Black Friday deals.

Later, I realised I could usefully show what I see further down the screen

Screenshot_2016-12-02-07-36-54.png

Vodafone International is the only other product I'm opted in to, so I'm seeing a full house of active products.

I've had a further look at the Support info. This definitely understates the current situation. On the other hand, the statement here that you can manage all your Extras in the app, would seem to be either wildly over-optimistic, or a statement of aspiration!

What phone have you got? The version of the app for iPhones isn't identical, so you may not get exactly the same info as I'm getting with an Android phone. Either way, you do need to be using the current version to get the fullest details, as the app has come on considerably over the past year or two.

[Edit: Sorry the shots have come out so vast! I tried reducing the size, but my text then wrapped around it all and was unreadable.]

Similar problems with me

When I have a Text and Web Freebee they show up on both the home screen and also under products and services with the circular graphics.

When I have either/or/both Data Extra and Text Extra this only ever showed as a graphic on products and services; never on the home screen.

Now sadly the Extras are not showing anywhere which must a fault .....been at least 2 weeks now :smileysad:

Annie_N

Ah, interesting! I'd swapped to a different phone a week or so back, and thought I'd updated everything. However, I just re-checked, and I was only running version 6.1.2. Having forced an update, which my phone seemed reluctant to do, I'm now running v 6.2 - and my Rewards Extra Minutes has disappeared from the Products and Services page!

So it does look as though the most recent version is the problem rather than the solution. :smileyfrustrated:  I'll report it!

Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks...as always

Annie_N

"Now you see it, now you don't" - I just tried resetting the app for luck, before reporting this, and my Rewards Extra Minutes is back!

Have you tried resetting your app? Go to Settings in the Menu list, choose Reset, it forgets you, and then has to re-find you - which is a bit painful around here, but does happen eventually.

Anyhow, I'll report that there's a potential problem, but some more info from anyone else would be helpful!