Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My vodafone app

gaz83
4: Newbie

hello having problems with the app it keeps saying check your data connection and i have mobile data on, i put a block on my internet on an old phone ages ago could this be the cause of it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @gaz83

I just replied to your other thread.  It would be nice to get something working for you.,

This will be most likely be related to your recent SIM swap.  Are you able to use the new SIM now and has the number moved across ?

You need to completely delete all traces of the application on your previous phone (if possible) and new phone. You then need to download a fresh copy of the application to new new phone.

It may be worth checking the APN settings on your phone, you need these set to prepaid (pp).

The first time you download the application, this needs to be done using the mobile internet.  You can use WiFi from thereon.

If you continue to have issues, please use live chat for account access.

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers

Are you able to access data to access the Internet at all ? If not then yes it could be a bar. 

If you can then it should work. Try accessing on WiFi. 

Also deleting the app and it's caches and re download can help. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @gaz83

I just replied to your other thread.  It would be nice to get something working for you.,

This will be most likely be related to your recent SIM swap.  Are you able to use the new SIM now and has the number moved across ?

You need to completely delete all traces of the application on your previous phone (if possible) and new phone. You then need to download a fresh copy of the application to new new phone.

It may be worth checking the APN settings on your phone, you need these set to prepaid (pp).

The first time you download the application, this needs to be done using the mobile internet.  You can use WiFi from thereon.

If you continue to have issues, please use live chat for account access.

gaz83
I think i managed to get mobile data unblocked through live chat this morning how long does it take to come back on? I still dont get a mobile data connection icon when i turn it on

AnnS

Hi @gaz83

I would be inclined to go into a Vodafone Store for this and ask them to do a SIM swap to a nice new SIM, it may solve the data connection issues.

The only other things to do would be to make sure mobile data is turned on and try updating the SIM to the network.  This is done by going into your network settings, mobile networks, and choosing an alternative network, wait for it to kick you out and back onto Vodafone.

It may be that the bar has still not been removed but will be removed by midnight and you will have access tomorrow morning (fingers crossed).

gaz83
Ok thanks for that its a brand new sim and new phone I bought them yesterday, i had my number tranfered accross in store

AnnS

Hi @gaz83

Of course you have, I should have known.

Gary, if the phone came direct from Vodafone, the settings will be preinstalled, you only need to select pp.  If the phone was purchased through a third party seller, it will be unbranded and the internet settings can be found below.

Device Guides

If you still have issues tomorrow morning, try live chat again for account account.

Hope it will soon be working for you.

Retired-Tom
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@gaz83 If you're still unable to access mobile data, please pop over to our Live Chat team as @AnnS suggested.

gaz83
Got it all sorted now thanks 🐵

I have recently changed phones but have used the same SIM card. My vodafone App no longer works. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it a couple of times.