Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Number porting issues 2

dannydrama998
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Tried to port my Voda number to another Voda sim. The change didn't happen and now my data isn't working. Chat reps just walk me through installing the APN and tell me the account is otherwise fine. It is not fine because I can't use the allowance I only just paid for.

I sometimes get an ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED or ERR_NETWORK_DISCONNECTED error.

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Have you attempted a Sim Swap which is to move your mobile number and Tariff from one SIM card to a new one ?

To do this you need a Blank Sim Card which are only available through a Vodafone Highstreet Store or from Customer Services. 

A sim swap usually tales minutes to complete but occasionally can take up to 24 hours. 

It maybe an an idea to call into a Vodafone Highstreet Store as they'll be able to help. 

Can you text WEB to 40127 to see if you get the set up texts for internet use. 

To rule out the phone at issue Can you try your Sim Card in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim card that may be at fault. Try another Sim in your phone.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I ported the number through a Vodafone website. I had to put the serial number of the old and new SIM cards into a website and then confirm the swap. After confirmation, the swap didn't happen but my data stopped working. All icons etc on my handset are active but pages fail to load/give the above error.

I'll try to visit a store as that sounds like my best option, thanks.

Yes so a Sim Swap. 

Who supplied you the new SIM card please ?

Are you using your previous SIM card or new one right now ?

what happens if you ring your mobile number from another phone ?

Current Phone  >

I just ordered a SIM from vodafone, didn't realise it had to be a blank one. I'm using my old SIM with no ill effects other than missing data. Calls/texts are fine, chat reps tell me my account looks fine and the Vodafone app is working OK ie. showing number of texts sent/minutes used etc.

Ah ok. 

If you ordered a free Payg sim from the website it will already have a number attached to it. 

The sim swap would fail. 

As far as I'm aware this should not have affected your current allowances unless your current SIM card is faulty or your phone is faulty which is why I suggested to try another phone.

Also make sure your mobile data is turned on in the phone settings and no data bar is toggled on in your myvodafone. 

Is no data allowance now showing ? Which Payg Tariff is myvodafone showing your on ?

Also their is no vodafone mast issues are showing in > Vodafone Network Checker.

A vodafone Highstreet Store will help you. 

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @dannydrama998

If you are using your old SIM and there has been no change, it more than likely a connection problem where your SIM has temporarily lost it's data connection.

The first thing to try is updating your SIM on the network.  Depending on the phone you are using, this can be done by rebooting the phone and going into your network settings and selecting mobile networks, choose an alternative network, wait for it to kick you out and reselect Vodafone. 

If you still have problems, the best option is to visit a Vodafone Store, they will also be able to get your SIM swap sorted.

Just a quick update to the issue.

Went into a Voda store today and they couldn't work out what was wrong or fix it. I'd have had to abandon my number for a new SIM. I wouldn't have minded but I'd only just topped the old one up (before finding my data didn't work) and they wanted me to pay for the new one!

That would have put me close to £50 for a working £20 value bundle so I went to EE, who got quite a laugh out of the whole thing. Now I'm getting 20GB for £19.99 so thank you Voda!

@dannydrama998 I'm sorry to hear about the experience you've had. 

I'll pass your feedback on, to help us improve our customer service in the future. 

If you'd also like us to pass feedback onto the store, please just let us know which one you visited and we'll be happy to do this for you.