Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Order failed!

ResCok3
4: Newbie

Hi so basically after searching for days at various stores for SMART ULTRA 6 (grey), it finally came back in stock online.

I went ahead and placed the order, only to have it fail at the last point, after which it already had charged my card and made an account for me. (charge is pending as of this moment). 

I contacted customer support and talked to about 10 different guys before one apparently 'killed' my transaction and the other one deactivated it, then the other guy says they don't have power to deactivate....anyways, they said that if you did not get a web order number then it did not go through and you should get your money back... 

That's fine but I seen one guy have the exact same problem yet he got charged.

Please advise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Excellent news! Sometimes ring-fenced charges seem to sit there for longer than they should, which can be mighty unsettling, but my impression is that the longer they sit there without converting into actual charges, the greater the chance that they will eventually just go away.

View solution in original position

13 REPLIES 13

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @ResCok3

You may well find the order has gone through, the best way to find this out is by using Live Chat, they should be able to locate the order and give an update.

Until the phone has been despatched, the money will be ringfenced as pending.  If the order is cancelled for any reason, the money will be returned to your full account balance.

They said the order is coming up blank on their system, there is nothing. not even the amount charged or phone... 

That's why I'm worried. Because if I get charged I don't know what to do next.

Contacted my bank who gave me auth code which vodafone apparently have no clue how to use.

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

I certainly understand how this can be frustrating from not knowing what's happening.

A person does have a 30 day cooling off period to cancel if things don't work out. 

Hopefully they will for you. 

Please perservere with customer service which I'd ring on a weekday between 9am - 6pm when all the departments should be fully manned. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Update:

Went through 2-3 livechat who like to give me different answers. Last one told me to contact vodafone 'online refund team' which I did using the number he gave me, turns out that team does not exist and was transfered to 'billing' team who said there is nothing showing up on order even though order has been acknowledged. She told me to contact 3-4 days later as it takes time for account to 'show the order' which surpisingly noone from the like 15 guys i talked to ever said. the other ones tell me the order is cancelled....

Oh and they always push me to buy the  phone again, why would I do that only to have it charge me again for no phone? if the money does come back/not taken then i will place order directly at store. your web server obviously cannot be trusted.

As of now the charge is still pending (no money has technically been taken yet), will have to wait and see... All of this frustration for a bloody phone.

Hi @ResCok3

I'm disappointed to hear about this. Is the charge still pending? Please keep us updated and let us know if there's anything we can do. 

Cara

@Cara_B Yes, it's still pending! You could very much help me by giving my money back!

Hi @ResCok3

I've sent you a private message with details on how our team can get this looked into for you. 

Thanks, 

Sarah

Form sent... 4 days now £99 out of pocket, not looking good.

5 days so far. Charge still pending... 

No response from 'escalation' team as of yet