Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PAYG costs

bigel
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I'm thinking of purchasing a Vodafone PAYG smartphone. I've been told that every time I switch it on I will lose £2.00 in credit. Is this true?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

If you don't want to access Vodafone data connection then turning off Mobile Data in the phones settings will stop this and then just use wifi. 

A smartphone updates in the background and for location apps such as weather and maps etc. Some apps want to update too and send notifications such as Facebook as one example. To note some smartphones can be tweaked to curb certain apps and background options using data unless on wifi etc. 

Info below if you do not already have a Payg SIM card running from Vodafone. 

However vodafones payg options of tariffs being the Big Value Bundle or the Freebie Tariff can have data allowances to use. 

More info in  Big Value Bundles and Freebies on Pay as you go

A Vodafone high street store can have you all set up in no time and fully explain your options. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)
If you leave mobile data switched on, and you don't have a bundle or Freebie in place which includes data, then you will most likely incur the £2 daily data charge shortly after you turn the phone on.

Easy to avoid, by only having data on when you need it, as smartphones are data hungry little beasts.

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

If you don't want to access Vodafone data connection then turning off Mobile Data in the phones settings will stop this and then just use wifi. 

A smartphone updates in the background and for location apps such as weather and maps etc. Some apps want to update too and send notifications such as Facebook as one example. To note some smartphones can be tweaked to curb certain apps and background options using data unless on wifi etc. 

Info below if you do not already have a Payg SIM card running from Vodafone. 

However vodafones payg options of tariffs being the Big Value Bundle or the Freebie Tariff can have data allowances to use. 

More info in  Big Value Bundles and Freebies on Pay as you go

A Vodafone high street store can have you all set up in no time and fully explain your options. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.