cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problem after numbers been moved to Vodafone.

m-pod
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi.

Me and my wife recently moved numbers to Vodafone from EE. One to PAYG and one to Contract. 

We have problems with sending and receiving text messages after moving from EE (for some people we can send for some we can't).

I dont have also 4G signal (PAYG). I restarted phones, factory defaults, checking others phones, also bought new vodafone PAYG sim card topped up and try to send message to myself and my wife and same problem - not deliverd.  And I don't have 4G signal on my PAYG.

My phone is HTC One m7, my wife phone is IPhone 7.

I already spoke about this problem with the agent on Live Chat,  told me that they will fix it within 24 hours. It was on sunday and is still problem. 

Can anybody help with this? 

Regards, Michal

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

This sounds like a Split Port. 

This is a situation where not all the porting in files have successfully settled. 

It could be beneficial to ring customer service on 191 and ask for this to be escalated to the Porting Teams if it does turn out to be a split port. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @m-pod

If you are able to send messages to some people, I guess these will be EE numbers, it won't be a split port.

The first thing to look at will be the text messaging centre number.  This needs to be set to +447785016005.  It might be an idea to give live chat a try and ask them to make sure your messages are hitting the message centre correctly for forwarding onto the recipient number.

There is additional information to help below.

I can't send and receive text messages

As far as your 4G is concerned, it may be something simple as making sure 4G is enabled on your phone.  It may also be worth putting your postcode into the Coverage Checker link at the top of the page to check that 4G is available in the area where you are trying to make a connection. 

If you are having problems with your internet connection, please see the links below.

Device Guides

Support - Setting up phone for internet access

If you continue to have issues after contacting live chat, please come back to the forum for help from the Team here.

Thanks for quick reply.

I try to  send messages to my friend  in vodafone and it works. When i try to send sms to my wife is not delivered. Even try send message to my self and it not deliverd. 

4G signal work before number been moved.

This problem been reported last sunday to porting team by agent on Live Chat.

They told me to wait from 2 to 24 hours to solve the problem. I dont know if I need to still waiting or go to shop and speak with somebody in person. It makes any difference? 

Maybe here somebody can help from Vodafone team?

Regards, Michal

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

The Vodafone Highstreet Store won't be able to help. 

So Live Chat have escalated to the porting teams ? Good. 

The forum is owned and also monitored by Vodafone U.K. We have members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to respond and Help where they can. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name so You know they are officially from Vodafone.

All posts are read by them.

Hang in there and I'm sure they'll be in touch. 

Current Phone  >

`Yes. It was escalated to porting team.

Hopefully this will be fixed asap.

Thanks for help.

BandOfBrothers

@m-pod wrote:

`Yes. It was escalated to porting team.

Hopefully this will be fixed asap.

Thanks for help.

You're welcome. 

I hope so too. 

Current Phone  >

Will
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @m-pod

Thanks for all that info.

I know that Live Chat have explained that they've raised the issue but we'd still like to look into this and check where they've gotten to.

I'm about to send you a PM with our contact details, once we've got your details, we'll be in touch as soon as possible.

I just read your message. Thanks.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@m-pod You're more than welcome!