Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Refund 1.5months Overdue

diane555
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Ordered a phone onlie and asked my neighbour to collect but they wouldn't give it to her. We then bought another phone and asked the store to send the phone back so we can be refunded which the store did. The cancel order form was sent in by the store on 30 Novemeber at 10:35 the ref is 812077. 

We have spent hours on the phone everytime speaking with between 5 and 8 people. They just keep transfering you. Went to the shop 3 times. The 2nd time I was helped by the store manager who spoke to someone and said they will phone within a few days. 

I was phoned by someone around the 19th of December who said who took my bank details and said I will be refunded before Christmas eve. It is now the 9th of January and I have not been refunded. 

Spoke to the call centre on Sunday again I was transferred between 8 people and again no one could help and on the last transfer I got cut off by the advisor. 

Went to the shop today and spent 2 hours there. The shop manager spoke to the call centre who now said I have not been refunded as they have not seen my bank statement. (I took this to the shop when I went before Christmas). What a joke. 

Why can you instantly get a refund from O2, Debenhams, Amazon and other corprates but with Vodafone you can't. It feels like they are doing this on purpuse in the hopes that I give up. 

The one shop assistant advised me to go to my Bank and make a claim which I did but my bank said they can't help  and that Vodafone must sort this out. On my next visit to the shop I asked for a letter headed letter stating that my bank should refund me. She wrote on a piece of printed paper I brought in!!! What proof is this to my bank? Any crook could make something like this up. It is pathetic. Vodafone needs to train up there staff to deal with all senarios possible or atleast have higher ranking employees who you can actually phone. 

I don't see why I should make extra work for my bank just because Vodafone is incompetent. 

I'm sitting here with my hands in my hair as I don't know what to do anymore. I have spent hours trying to sort this out. Well maybe this what Vodafone wants. 

My next steps are the Ombudsman and the newspapers and also telling everyone I know to never join vodafone. If do get my refund I might reconsider but we will just have to wait and see. 

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

If you paid by card then the bank should be able to initiate the Chargeback procedure. 

Link http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-do-i-use-chargeback

Has your bank fully clarified why they can't help ?

Vodafone have processes and procedures in place to deal with complaints as set out in this link > Vodafone Code of Practice.

To add The Vodafone Community forum is monitored by Vodafone U.K. There are members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to respond and Help where they can. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name so a person knows they are officially Vodafone.

All posts are read by them.

Hang in there and I'm sure they'll be in touch. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @diane555

The refund has to be made to the card used at the time to make the payment and this should have been done within 30 days after the return.

If this has not been done, you need to contact your bank raise a dispute, get your money back that way and let your bank chase Vodafone for the money.

How do I prove this to my bank if I can't even get a letter from Vodafone? Im 73 and can't just get to the bank. I live alone and don't have a car. 

Why can't Vodafone sort this out? It is beyond me. 

My bank won't help my over the phone due to data protection. Please Vodafone REFUND.

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

Once you request a Chargeback from your Bank and they agree, they'll start all the checking that needs doing. 

However, The Vodafone Uk Community forum is monitored by Vodafone U.K. We have members of the Vodafone Team who are available to respond and Help where they can and they have Account Access. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name so a person knows they are officially Vodafone.

Hang in there and I'm sure they'll be in touch to see if they can help you further. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@diane555

I don't think that your bank needs to see any proof provided by Vodafone; if you paid using their card, they can see the transaction, and you as their customer can raise a dispute about it. I have had to do this from time to time, and have never had any difficulties with it

Nor, if you go through the necessary security procedures over the phone in order to identify yourself, can they raise data protection objections; the modern consumer banking system would be unworkable if the banks refused to discuss account details with customers who have called them and correctly identified themselves.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@diane555 I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

It has now been 10 working days after vodafone contacted me thought this forum saying I will be refunded. They also phoned and confirmed my bank details. I have still not received the money. 

What do I do now? 

Can't belive this!! I am not going to my bank as I can't get there and why should I this is between me and Vodafone!

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@diane555 I've sent you an email with details on your case.