Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Rewards Points

alphillips
4: Newbie

I have been saving my rewards points for some time (I only top up a small amount each month) to a level whereby I can treat myself.  At such time as I wanted to redeem some points a while back Vodafone had changed the gifts on offer such that there was nothing I wanted to spend on.  I still have a fairly high number of rewards.  Today I received a text telling me my new balance (useful) and that I could use 2000 points to get a £20 voucher for a high street store and to head over to the rewards website by 31st October to redeem my points.  My question is why?  I can see nowhere on the website that there is a time limit and I don't actually want to spend any points at the moment.  I likewise do not want to lose any points.  As per usual the live advisor chat isn't working and 191 just cuts me off.  Can anyone answer this question?

15 REPLIES 15

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

Hi @alphillips

Rewards Points do expire after 2 years - see the Terms and Conditions here - but for some years the pattern has been of a clear-out at 31st December, and there is usually at least a month's notice in the reminder text, rather than just a few days, also that the message would mention the number of points which were going to expire. So the normal pattern is that, at end 2016, I'd have expected to see points acquired in 2014 being forfeited if not used.

I'll see if I can discover what is happening, but you might want to look at the Rewards catalogue for ways of using up your earliest points.

Annie_N

Hi again @alphillips

Could I ask you to double-check the wording of your text - does it definitely say 31st October rather than 31st December? I've been able to find my reminder text from a year ago, and it was sent late October, but referring to points expiring at the year-end. I've since had a good clear-out of points, so I'm not expecting a text or any expiries this time around.

Hi there, thanks for your replies.  I've rechecked the text and it gives me a total of 7550 and is more or less telling me to get a high street voucher for 2000 point by 31st October.  It doesn't say that if I don't the points will expire, neither have I ever received such a text before.  It certainly doesn't give me much time to do anything.

Annie_N

Odd! I'll definitely make enquiries.

Thanks for your help.  I'm confused by this as I've never had a text such as this before and effectively 3-4 days before the deadline seems a bit unreasonable.

Annie_N

@alphillips wrote:

effectively 3-4 days before the deadline seems a bit unreasonable.

Seems downright crazy! I've raised a query about this, so let's hope that an answer comes back fairly quickly.

Hi @alphillips

The text says for 2000 points you can get a £20 voucher if used by 31st October.

This suggests that the 2000 points for a £20 voucher will no longer be on offer after 31st October.

You wont lose your points on the 31st.

Viki

What it might suggest and what it actually means could be different, so I'm not actually sure what it does mean and why I suddenly get a text out of the blue.  Does it mean that all high street vouchers will disappear as options from Monday or does it mean the number of points needed for a £20 voucher which change.  Can someone actually clarify what is going on.  Why is everything Vodafone so difficult?

@alphillips

It's available for 2000 points for a limited time only.

Viki