Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Swiitching from Pay monthly to Pay as you go

ianstacey5
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

HI, I have been having trouble for about 2 months now and nooone at vodafone seems to be communicating to each other.

In late august i got a new contract, but wanted to keep my old number (which was another vodafone contract). I was told I would have to first make it pay as you go, which would take 30 days.

I waited thirty days and i hadnt heard anything, but i contacted vodafone and they said it was pay as you go (despite my account saying otherwise) So based on that I requested my PAC code to transfer my number and waited a number of weeks and there was still no result. So i phone vodafone and they said my number was still pay monthly as there was a system error. to solve this they put me on an emergency transfer to pay as you go which should have taken  4 days.

A week after that, with still no confirmation, i went on chat again and they apologised and said that they would sort it out within a few hours.

And now, when i try to call my phone number it says it doesnt exist anymore, i also cant log into my online account anymore. Also now because my phone number seems to no longer exist, i cant phone them and talk to them becasue you have to eneter your mobile number first

So i would like to know, is this part of the process of transferring to pay as you go.Will i start being able to use my number again soon? or have they for some reason cancelled my number?

3 REPLIES 3

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

I'm afraid it doesn't sound like a standard part of the process! But you wll need to persevere with CS or Live Chat.

If you try calling CS, just ignore the prompts for your number - after three or four attempts, the system gives up and puts you into the queue without knowing your number.

froggerty
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Sounds like Vodafone has terminated your number and your account. Normal process to transfer from monthly contract to PAYG would be to ask for your PAC code, give 30 days notice and then transfer your number to your new SIM. having said that, that will now probably not happen plus you have now probably lost your number. Have you had a 'final bill' from them and a little later another bill showing a 'zero' amount?, if you have then your contract has been ended, (now, if you have been paying your bill by monthly DD you can contact your Bank to cancel the DD, Vodafone won't cancel it, you must) your best plan of action now would be to go to any store that sells a 99p or a £1 PAYG SIM and start afresh, buy a 'top-up' voucher for £5 at the store and when you get home follow the instructions in the SIM pack. You can if you so wish now use any mobile provider you want to, if your new service provider is the store ask them which network service they use, you can then check that the signal from that service provider is adequate in your area.

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@ianstacey5

I am surprised Vodafone have not sent you a new PAYG SIM for the number.

When you request to transfer from pay monthly, the number is scheduled to move to PAYG after 30 days.  Vodafone then send a new PAYG SIM with the number which then needs to be activated and topped up the normal way.  This has to be done to get the number active on the network before Vodafone are able to issue a PAC code to move the number to your contract.

As difficult as it may be, you are going to have to persist with Live Chat CS with this one.  It shouldn't be too difficult for someone at Vodafone to locate the number and send you the PAYG SIM with the number.