Vybe
2: Seeker
Hi
I bought a new phone (iphone) from a 3rd part
They iphone was on vodafone but it was still new and sealed
I want to unlock it
How do i go about it?
I put in a vodafone sim in the phone and filled and i got a unsuccessful email as below.
I did hear something ablut using the sim for 30 days? Is that meaning using just the sim or using the sim in the phone?
Also does that mean topping it up and makinf calls everyday or something can anybody please help
Thank you for getting in touch about unlocking your phone. We checked the details you gave us, but could not find a match for the IMEI number (your phone's serial number) on your account.

We can only unlock a phone that we know belongs to you. This means you need to have used a Vodafone SIM in it. You need to give us details of this SIM when you fill in our NUC form.

What you need to do next

Double check the details you gave us when you filled in the form - the IMEI number you gave us was **************.

Check this against your phone's IMEI by tapping in *#06# - you will then see it displayed on the screen. If the numbers don't match, you need to fill in our online form again.
21 REPLIES 21

Vybe
Its if the contract has had 3 months paid where this was an upgrade it has had more than 3 months
Also its not true about the phone getting locked to the first sim inserted as firstly inserted an o2 sim when it was new and it said sim not supported

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Vybe If you're still experiencing issues with unlocking your mobile, please contact us directly using the instructions from the private message I've sent.