Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

*Urgent Advice - Default payment

CHouston92
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have recently started the process to purchase my first house, however when checking my credit score i noticed a default payment of £16.58 which has been affecting my score and chance of getting a mortgage for the past 30 months.

As you can imagine I’m disappointed that in the last 30 months Vodafone or a 3rd party collector have not sent me any correspondance regarding this matter and all this time it has been damaging my chances of gaining credit. In respect i have moved properties so it may have been difficult to get in contact with me however as I’m sure you’ll appreciate i thought this account was closed and would have happily paid the outstanding balance had i known.

I spoke with a financial adviser in regards to purchasing my 1st home and he has told me that this default would affect my chances of getting a mortgage. Is it possible to remove the default and if so what would be the process.

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

I appreciate how damaging a Default can be. 

This is a help guide I have written which explains which department to ask for - i.e 'Vodafone Credit File Support Team' - and how to add a 'Notice of Correction' via Experian. It is Free to add the Notice of Correction. This gives you the tools to add notes on your Credit File to explain why the Default is showing.

It would only be worth adding this if you think the default is wrong and shouldn't have been applied.

Please take into consideration that a Default will only be removed if it was reported on your Credit File incorrectly. This is why it's important to speak with Customer service first to clear up why this has happened before the CFT can help. 

Default on your Credit File and How to add a Notice of Correction.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@CHouston92

I've sent you a private message with details on how to contact us, this way we can look into your issue.