cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 usable in Hungary?

Bandoolero
1: Seeker

Dear Vodafone,

i would like to know whether the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 device can be used in Hungary.

I am mainly concerned about the power cable. Is the power cable going to charge my device in Hungary if i attach an adapter (since our power connector socket is different between the UK and Hungary)?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

You could use a data cable attached to a Computer to charge it albeit slower than using a wall plug charger. 

Do you know what frequencies the Hubgary network uses ?

The phone uses :

2G bands GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G bands HSDPA
4G bands LTE

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

@Bandoolero wrote:

Dear Vodafone,

i would like to know whether the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 device can be used in Hungary.

I am mainly concerned about the power cable. Is the power cable going to charge my device in Hungary if i attach an adapter (since our power connector socket is different between the UK and Hungary)?

Thank you!

You can use a normal travel adaptor to charge the phone in Hungary.

Annie_N

If you haven't travelled abroad with this account before, you need to make sure that all is appropriately set up before you go. There is lots of useful advice on http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/costs/travelling-abroad/ - in particular, you need to make sure that there aren't any bars on international roaming, and set up a voicemail PIN, which has to be done while you're in the UK.

There's no possible problem with GSM frequencies anywhere in Europe. For North America and much of the rest of the Americas, a quad-band as opposed to a tri-band phone is advisable, but the Smart Ultra 6 is quad-band. I've an idea that South Korea and Japan may be more problematical!