cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why is getting a blank SIM so painful/impossible?

ShetlandJames
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have been trying to get a Nano-SIM for use in my new phone so that I can continue to use my Vodadone PAYG number with my new phone (I have a non-multi Micro SIM and wont fit).

Speaking to 191 three times now, they tell me that they refuse to send out PAYG blank SIM cards in the post any more (wouldnt tell me why).  I've been trying for over 2 weeks now.

According to the 191 CS, the only way to resolve my issue is in store - accoriding to your store checker the nearest one to me is 222.83 miles (not counting the 1 ferry, 2 flights, and 30 mile bus journey to get there) this aint gonna happen.

The forum seems to have posts from a couple of other people with similar issues but these are all resolved 'privately' through PM's with relevant Vodafone staff.  So I thought I would give this a try!

13 REPLIES 13

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

Ha! Found a route that seems to work: Go to http://support.vodafone.co.uk/ and there's a Chat to us link bottom left of the page!

I thought you had it, but when I go there and click the link, it does nothing.  The link appears to go to http://support.vodafone.co.uk/# aw well!

Annie_N

For me, clicking on the link on the support page definitely takes me to an engagement window, which I can enter my details and find myself involved in a Live Chat.

Some of these links are a bit strange, so it's important to use the link where it is, rather than attempt to copy the link. If it doesn't do anything, either clear cache and cookies, or try a different browser.

You could try this link

grolschuk

@ShetlandJames The live chat links are now back, and they 'should' be able to send you a new sized sim if you are not already sorted!