Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

can't top up online

kidding_me
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Currently abroad. Having tried multiple times both through my account and through the home-page, the online top-up function appears permanently broken. Vodafone is "working hard to correct this" error RC1E23, but not working hard enough apparently. I have a voucher and no credit and have run out of ideas of how to top up. Can someone tell me how to fix this?
Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Can someone in the Uk top up for you ?

How-can-I-top-up-someone-else-s-phone.

Topping up while abroad.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Without credit I can't call 2345, which is why I'm stuck. But I will ask if someone can call that number, hopefully that works. Thanks. 

Hi @kidding_me

Have you managed to apply a top-up now - either by yourself, or getting somebody else to do this for you? 

Thanks, 

Sarah

No. Getting someone else to top up for me was also unsuccessful. They even spoke to the helpline for me.
Apparently there may be an issue with my sim, although I have received multiple texts from both individuals and Vodafone which would suggest my sim is at least partially functional. Vodafone isn't prepared to let someone else try to fix this due to data protection (as I expected) so no-one else but me will be able to do it.
The live chat function on the support page also doesn't work abroad, so I guess Vodafone is going to lose my custom because there is no other way to resolve this matter.

Hi @kidding_me

I see, I'm sorry to hear this, I am going to send you a Private Message with further help on this. 

Louise

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@kidding_me It might be worth clearing cache and cookies, and trying again to top up online. I was overdue to top up, so have just topped up by voucher, firstly using my online account, where my voucher appeared to be applied within seconds, and for luck I then used another voucher on http://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/existing-customers/topping-up/index.htm

topup2.JPG

which took slightly longer to be applied.

Admittedly I'm in the UK at the moment, so can't say with absolute certainty that either route would work from abroad today, but I've used both regularly from abroad in the past without problems, so I'd certainly expect them to be OK.

There is an option within 2345 to top up another number when calling from a Vodafone number in the UK. Or using a debit card at a cash machine in the UK is pretty straightforward - you choose the top up a phone option, enter the number twice, then confirm the amount.