Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

free minutes/free texts/extra mb

syzygy
4: Newbie

hi - i've just joined vodafone's online service, and this community, and i've had a very harrowing couple of days 'chatting' with several advisers on the chatline service.  one great adviser 'got my point' immediately (unlike others) and by way of an apology to me and as a goodwill gesture gave me loads of free minutes on phone, 300, or more, free texts, and an extra 500mb.  all i've got is an ancient nokia, which i use only for phone calls/texts.  one adviser swapped the mb's for free minutes on the phone.  how do i swap the other mb's for something i can use?  i'm very much in the market for a clever android phone linked to my computer so i can get up to date.  v. difficult to pick a phone.  function and economy is more important than frills and absurdities.......

by the way, i've been with vodafone for ages on this 'pay as you go', and it's only computers/smartphones/and vodafone's online services which baffle me.   are novices with old phones welcome on this forum, or should i go elsewhere?  you may have noticed that i avoid capital letters?  i just don't like them.

thank you in advance.

34 REPLIES 34

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Everyone is welcome to our community and we have a variety of people who come here for help and advice.

Most of us are fellow customers but there are Vodafone employees here and they can be recognised by the Vodafone logo next to their name.

Ask any question you'd like - someone is going to know the answer.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

thank you very much indeed.  some of my questions may be very stupid, but i do try to research a subject before posting a question.  

jeffkinn

There are no stupid questions here and we are happy to help with your research.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers

Hi @syzygy

Everyone is very welcome here. 

May I ask which model of phone you have in regards to the Nokia. If your not sure and the battery pulls out its model will be on a label. I've owned the 6110, 8210 ,5110 , 8800 not to mention a few more. I had the Nokia Arte which was a really expensive phone at the time. 

Do you know what Payg Tariff your on ?

There is the Big Value Bundle which gives you allowances to use that last 30 days and takes your topped up credit. 

Then their is the freebie tariff that again gives some allowances that lasts for 30 days but your topped up credit isn't taken. 

Usually an agent cannot swap one allowance ie data for minutes I'm afraid but it might be worth re looking at your tariff options to see if there is one more suitable. 

I'll add a link on how to opt out of one and join another. 

Link > How-do-I-switch-from-Vodafone-Freebie-Data-to-another-Vodafone-Freebie-or-Big-Value-Bundle.

customer service on 191 or Live Chat can help too. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

superb responsa.  thank you very much. i've clicked that 'thumbs up' thingy.  with answers like yours, i'm glad i joined this forum.  more details to research. and i'll post again if i'm stuck.

sorry - i forgot: it's a nokia 1600 - £10 about 10 years ago.

BandOfBrothers

@syzygy wrote:

sorry - i forgot: it's a nokia 1600 - £10 about 10 years ago.

My partner had one of those.

Battery lasted an age and bounced off the floor pretty good too :Winking_smiley:

Current Phone  >

yes.  it's a wonderul little machine which 'does what it says on the tin'.

i will keep it when i buy something fancier.

this might not be the right place, but, is it because i'm new to vodafone that i spent hours (two) trying to log on to my new online account?  i tried 190, and never moved beyond prerecorded messages.  and then i could not face another hour on the 'live chat'.

the Australian expression 'whingeing pom' comes to mind, but i promise that i'm not one.  sort of ironic - a multi-billion dollar communications company, and i can't get in touch quickly............................

BandOfBrothers

Did you eventually manage to login to your myvodafone?

Customer service via 191 or Live Chat can help. 

Current Phone  >