Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

how do i use payg to txt to poland

davelongo1
1: Seeker
Hi I'm on payg and need to know what I have to do to be able to txt a friend in Poland any help much appreciated thanks dave
4 REPLIES 4

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi it should be simple as long as you using the correct country code and number.

+48 then the 9 digit code (assuming he got a Polish number)

Or if it's a UK number just send it to his number. Try using +44 prefix and leave off the first 0 if you having problems.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

If it's a Polish number, it won't be covered by your bundle or Freebie, so you need to have some available credit on your phone. A standard text of up to 160 characters would cost 24p.

63johnw
If you are still having trouble you may need to contact livechat, I know on monthly contract international texting can be switched off and has to be activated, not sure if its the same for payg? @Annie_N may know that answer.

Annie_N

I've just had a look at the great assortment of bars available on my online account, and there doesn't seem to be one for barring texts to international numbers. But, if texts aren't sending, it would be worth checking with CS or Live Chat that there isn't a bar in place at the Vodafone end.

I was having problems last night with accessing bits of the website, so didn't try to say more. I'm still having problems this morning, but http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/costs/calling-abroad-from-the-uk/ which should be helpful to @davelongo1, seems to be working OK in Internet Explorer, though I'm still getting errors while using Google Chrome! I've also been able to check my recollection of Vodafone International, which is free to PAYG, and would bring down very considerably the cost of calls to Polish numbers.