Support:

Pay as you go services

Ask a question:
Rank 2: First Poster
Knickers

AOL Email on Samsung Genio Touch

I am able to download AOL emails using my Samsung 3650 Genio Touch but am unable to Send any emails using Pay As You Talk? I cannot seem to find the correct settings. Am I doing something wrong or does this option not work on the Genio or PAYT?
Message 1 of 4 (3,018 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Andrew_V

Hi Knickers,

First of all, welcome to the eForum, nice to have new faces floating around on here. :D

I'm sure it's not something you're doing wrong, more likely to be some little setting somewhere that need entering for your email to work fully.

First of all you need to make sure the Internet settings are entered correctly, can you please just run through the Setting up the Samsung Genio Touch Internet Settings first and foremost.

Then once those settings have been entered you simply need to double check your settings that you have already entered with those found on Setting up the Samsung Genio Touch Email Settings.

Once both of the above have been followed there should be no reason what so ever why the email service is not active on your Samsung Genio handset.

If you do need any further help on this or any other matter regarding your handset, please don't hesitate in giving us a shout as we're always keen to help. ;)

Thanks

Andrew
eForum Team
Want to give me some feedback? Yes
Message 2 of 4 (3,018 Views)
Knickers

Many thanks. Most of the settings appeared to already be there but one or two needed tweaking. Many, many thanks. I badly needed this because I am deaf and I cannot make phone/mobile calls like hearing people. So if I was expecting to arrive late at work due to transport problems this was impossible unless I had my colleagues mobile numbers to send a text message. Unfortunately, all my colleagues do not have a work mobile so it would mean sending a text message to their personal mobile. The worst case scenario could be that they are on holiday! Whoops, that would be a disastrous thing to do. In fact last year whilst on holiday I received a work related text message! Gee, that was a bad move! So now I got my mobile set up for email I can send multiple emails to all my colleagues in the office to let them know.

Thanks again.

Knickers
Message 3 of 4 (3,018 Views)
Knickers

Hi
Just wanted to advise of a possible correction for those who use AOL email on 'Setting up the Samsung Genio Touch Internet Settings'. If you are with PAYT the SMTP server (Line No.28 & 29) should be smtp.aol.com and Port No. 587 . Sorry I don't know if the server is the same with monthly contracts!

Knickers
Message 4 of 4 (3,018 Views)