14-11-2011 11:59 PM
I have just returned from South Africa to the UK.
Vodafone's sister operation there VODACOM operates with a better system than the UK.
1. You get talking points for PAYG which can be exchangd for goods, airtime, data bundles, text bundles... better deals than UK! I bought my BB Curve with talking points and saved the price by half.
2. You pay about the same for monthly BlackBerry subscription (£5=R59) AND you do NOT pay any DATA costs WHATSOEVER (big shock for me when airtime ran out!!!)
3. Their web site is more manageable and navigatable.
4. Queries are answered to match the question posted - EXACTLY and not like here where it seems menu answers are handed out.
5. You even get the choice of the rates you pay for your calls, EG>per second billing; per minute billing; and others which can reduce your per minute billing by half or more.
6. You can buy different data bundles and depending on the Mb or Gb bundle you buy for the month, per Mb rates can go as low as 2p! and you can carry over yor data if you top up in time.
I have been with SA's Vodacom ever since it was introduced in 1994. I don't think I'm gonna be with it's UK sister for much longer...
In my opinion you are all being ripped off! (was there two ugly sisters?> wonder who the other one is LOL).
Hey ho off I go - a hunting for a new service provider. (If one exists)