Support:

Pay as you go services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
MimiJane

Can I buy a Freedom Freebie for another Vodafone user?

I've tried this, but only get the option to buy for my own phone (I think!).  Is this possible and, if so, how? 

Message 1 of 10 (2,093 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
AnnS

Re: Can I buy a Freedom Freebie for another Vodafone user?

Hello MimiJane

You can top up someone else's phone and they will need to convert the top up to a Freebie from the online account or by calling 2345.

Info below 

Questions about Topping up your phone

Ann
Message 2 of 10 (2,089 Views)
MimiJane

Thanks, but how do you choose a Freedom Freebie online?  I can only see web packs/weekend freebies, etc., not the Freedom Freebie.

Message 3 of 10 (2,075 Views)
MimiJane

OK, my husband appears to have a £5 weekend freebie applied to his mobile, hence he cannot apply for a Freedom Freebie.  I need to sort this out for him ASAP as he's in hospital and we need to communicate.  Can I please have an answer ASAP as to how to get  rid of this weekend freebie as it doesn't expire 'til 26/5 - he doesn't want/need it and we want to talk without it costing a fortune!  Thanks.

Message 4 of 10 (2,064 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
AnnS

[ Edited ]

Hello MimiJane

You need to opt out of the weekend Freebee before topping up.  You can then opt into the Freedom Freebee.

This is explained on the T & C's.  Paragraph 8

Terms and Conditions

Ann
Message 5 of 10 (2,055 Views)
MimiJane

So does this mean he has to top up AGAIN in order to "opt out" of something he never wanted in the first place?  How ridiculous!  This is getting to be very expensive, your website is frequently "down" (which makes it all the more frustrating), the "Freebies" should be much easier to apply and I cannot arrange anything for him while he's hospitalised.  Enough is enough ...  GiffGaff here I come ...

Message 6 of 10 (2,046 Views)
Tech Team
Jenny

Hi MimiJane,

Once you’re opted into a Freebee you remain opted in until you choose to opt out.

If you opt out or change your Freedom Freebee, your current Freedom Freebee will expire on the 30th day.

Regarding the website, I’m not aware of any general problems so please try in another browser and clear your cache and cookies as this should work.

Thanks,

Jenny 

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 7 of 10 (2,018 Views)
MimiJane

What about Vodafone Friends & Family?  Wouldn't this be the easiest option, as I could do it from my phone and put my husbands number on it.  Could I activate it instantly or, if not, how long would it take?

Message 8 of 10 (2,015 Views)
Tech Team
James

Hi MimiJane,

You can activate the Vodafone Family pack instantly by calling 34444.

This will take the £5 payment from your balance and it will allow you to add up to 3 numbers to the group.

The numbers will be active within two hours.

James

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 9 of 10 (2,006 Views)
MimiJane

Thanks James, though why this wasn't suggested in the first place to ease an already stressful situation (explained above), I don't know!  Your T&C's do not make it all clear (is there any mention?) of how to opt out of one freebee in order to get another and I've had to search various forums to get the rest of my answers from other Vodafone customers.  I will be changing to GiffGaff in the near future to save wasting any more money and, hopefully, preserve my sanity!

Message 10 of 10 (2,003 Views)