Pay as you go services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
Wiiggiins

Double credit top-up problem.

OK. I recently recieved a text from vodafone saying ;

''Your Christmas with Vodafone -

Double your credit the next time you top-up by 21/12/11. Terms apply.''

So, I topped up £5 and I haven't recieved my extra £5 credit. If anyone can help, it would be appreciated!

Wiggins :smileyhappy:

Message 1 of 19 (5,436 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Re: Double credit top-up problem.

Hi Wiggiins

I have just taken a look at our current promotions for PAYG and can’t see one to double your credit however I can see a promotion for 20% extra credit for selected customers where they are being sent a text.

From what I can see it says that “customers selected for this offer will be sent an SMS requesting them to opt in to the promotion from the 8th of December. Once opted in, their reward period will run from the 19th December until the 31st January.”

And the offer is only valid on top ups of £15 or more.

Can you confirm that you have opted into the promotion and also did you receive a link in the message to the terms ad conditions of the promotion?

James

If you have any comments on how I have answered your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 2 of 19 (5,386 Views)
dagenhamdave1

[ Edited ]

I have the same text here. Please look into this at adjust our credit. Thanks.

Message 3 of 19 (5,352 Views)
kiaora

i also got the text so i topped up my 15 pound and still not recived my credit i also have not recieved my code for my reward freeb:smileyindifferent:

Spoiler

Message 4 of 19 (5,329 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Martin

Hi dagenhamdave1

With the promotion starting today, the top up will have been needed to be made today onwards. With you posting yesterday around this you wouldn't have been in the promotion period.

@ kiaora - It can take up to 24 hours for you to get these, after that period if you still haven't got these, please reply back to the email that I have just sent and we can check this out.

Thanks

Martin

Message 5 of 19 (5,315 Views)
arronleach

The same thing happened to me, i recieved a text from vodaphone telling me to top up before 21st december to double my credit, so I topped up 10 pounds, and my credit didnt double, I think vodaphone should compensate us for this, its a scam to make you top up !!!!!!!!

Message 6 of 19 (5,281 Views)
Jamesandpie

I have received the same problem,

The message I received from Vodafone word for word says "Just a reminder, double your credit the next time you top up by 21/12/11. To stop SMS text STOP SMS to 9774"

I then topped up £10 on the 20th December, and didn't receive a bonus £10.

In addition to this I have signed up to the Vodafone Text and Web Freebee to hopefully receive 300 txts and 500mb when I top up by £10. However I don't have this showing on my account either. I've sent an email through the customer services but if this is not sorted in the next 48 hours I plan on calling up and asking for my PAC code.

Message 7 of 19 (5,233 Views)
Jamesandpie

RESOLVED

I don't know if a Vodafone representative saw my previous post, or someone has acted on the correspondence I sent through the website but thankfully the bonus £10 of credit has now been applied to my account, and the txt and web pack has been reactivated.

Thanks for the quick response. (perhaps there was just a long delay from topping up yesterday evening.)

Message 8 of 19 (5,228 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
AndyD

Hi jamesandpie,

It's great to see that your query is now resolved and the credit has been successfully applied.

Should you have any further questions, you know where to find us.

Thanks

Andy

Message 9 of 19 (5,225 Views)
Mick89

[ Edited ]

I have the exact same problem as Jamesandpie. I received two text messages stating that the value of my next topup will be doubled by 18/02/12. I made a top up of £5.00 today, but I haven’t received £5.00 extra. Can a Vodafone representative please resolve this.

Thanks.

EDIT: Never mind, the money has just been added. It should be automatic to avoid confusion.

Message 10 of 19 (4,907 Views)
carriesian87

same has happened to me, top up by 18/02 and receive double credit... how long does it take to go on?

Message 11 of 19 (4,858 Views)
lucyelliex

the same has happened to me! i got a text  on 29/1/12 saying 'for being a valued customer, we will double the value of you next top up (top up  by 18/02/12). i then topped up £10 and nothing has happened. i would really apprechiate someonehelping me !

Message 12 of 19 (4,813 Views)
Champ

Has it been applied yet?

carriesian87 wrote:

same has happened to me, top up by 18/02 and receive double credit... how long does it take to go on?

Message 13 of 19 (4,793 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi carriesian87 and lucyelliex

Thank you for your post and a very warm welcome to the eForum.

It can take upto 48 hiours for any additional bonuses or packs to be added to an account, please could you advise if this has been credited yet?

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 14 of 19 (4,759 Views)
rmat

I too have received the same text "For being a valued Vodafone customer, we will double the value of your next TopUp (Top up by 18/02/12). Terms apply."

Does this double credit have a time limit within which it can be used? I have received other similar texts in the past which gave free credit for topping up by a certain amount, but they always specified a time limit in the text within which the free credit had to be used.

As the text message does not specify a time limit, does that mean that it does not have one in this case?

Message 15 of 19 (4,558 Views)
welshgirl86

hiya i have a problem i had a txt telling me if i topped up before the 18/02/2012 that they would double my credit so i put £10 in today and i havent had the free credit hope you can help??

Message 16 of 19 (4,544 Views)
Tech Team
Tech Team
Kay

Good Morning Everyone,

I've checked with our PAYG team and they have advised the money is credited within 24 hours of the promotion ending. Therefore, by the 19th you should have the extra credit.

If there is anything else, please let me know. :smileyhappy:

Best Wishes,

Kay

Message 17 of 19 (4,484 Views)
jeannie13

ive recieved this also.....but it hasnt doubled my credit...please help

Message 18 of 19 (1,189 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
Annie_N

Hi jeanie13

You've found a thread about an offer 2 years ago, so some of the above isn't relevant! Your bonus credit should be applied within 24 hours of topping up, also sometimes it doesn't show up on your online My Vodafone account, but should be reported correctly if you call 2345. There are more details and the Ts&Cs at www.vodafone.co.uk/BonusCredit

Annie.
Message 19 of 19 (1,174 Views)