Support:

Pay as you go services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
yllwstrwy
Accepted Solution

Freebee web and texts pack not applied

I have been using the freebee for almost a year now, but after my £10 topup today I couldn't see any changes on my account page, and I am pretty sure that I did not get the freebee for some reason. What can I do to get my freedom pack of 300 texts and 500MB internet?

Message 1 of 17 (3,690 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
mari1970

Re: Freebee web and texts pack not applied

Hi, if you are opted in for your Text and Web Freebee it can take up to 24 hours after top up is done to be applied..

If after 24 hours you have not received this then the best option would be to call Customer Care on 191 from your phone, and they should be able to get this sorted for you

Message 2 of 17 (3,678 Views)
eldrid1001

Hi, i topped my phone up by £10 and then selected the £10 text and web package about 2 hours ago and it hasnt been applied.

I have opted for the £10 text and web package and still have enough credit for the package. How long does it take for the package to

be applied?

Thanks in advance

Message 3 of 17 (3,201 Views)
mari1970

Hi eldrid1001,

It can take up to 24 hours for Text and Web allowance to be applied..

However from what you have posted there is a good chance that you will not get this if you topped up and then opted in for the Freebee after this.. If this is the case then you would be best calling Customer Care on 191 from your phone, and maybe as a gesture of goodwill they will apply this for you

Message 4 of 17 (3,198 Views)
eldrid1001

Hi Mari1970,

I have tried calling 191 several times and i am getting nowhere. I opt to speak to an operator, here a message about how calls are recorded, wait a while and no1 anwsers. I have tried calling several times and get the same outcome.

I have payed 25p for each call to be connected to an operator, yet no1 is anwsering.

Message 5 of 17 (3,163 Views)
mari1970

[ Edited ]

Hi eldrid1001,

At this time of the year Customer Care will be a lot busier than normal what with people getting new phones, so might take a bit longer to get through.. You would not be charged 25p for calling if you did not connect to them..

The other option is for you to wait for one of the Tech Team to respond to your post

Message 6 of 17 (3,154 Views)
eldrid1001

Hi thanks for the response. I think my calls were connected however no1 spoke or responded the line was silent. I have been charged for my calls and the cost has been deducted from my balance. I dont want to call again for the same results, especially when I am bn charged to speak to an operator, although no1 responds.

Message 7 of 17 (3,145 Views)
Tech Team
James

Hi eldrid1001,

You don’t need to worry as we can get this all sorted for you.

So we can do this I have sent you a quick email, please reply with your details and one of the team can pick this up for you.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 8 of 17 (3,096 Views)
sharon888

Hi, I have had this problem for many months now I have phoned 191 every month they apply the web and text pack and tell me they have sorted the problem only for it to happen again the following month this is very frustrating as well as costing 25p every time

Message 9 of 17 (3,082 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi sharon888

Thank you for your post and a very warm welcome to the eForum from myself and the team. :smileyhappy:

I understand that this has been frustrating and would love nothing more than to get this rectified once and for all, I have sent an email to the address you registered with on here, once I have received your reply I will be able to investigate further.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

It would be amazing if you could take 30 seconds to complete a quick survey to aid my development. :smileyvery-happy:

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 10 of 17 (3,055 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
jeanlyon

did you ever get your text & web - I have also topped up and not received the web and text allowance. I can't see why this should take 24 hours. After all, half the reason for the top up was to get the web allowance.

Jean
Message 11 of 17 (3,034 Views)
Bethbradley0

Hi

i recived a text yesterday saying my text and web freebe ran out on 6/11/12 so I topped up £10 on the 5/11/12 expecting to get my free texts at 12 o'clock. Unfortunately this never happened and I am still getting charged the standard 12p rate, when I ring 4350 it says I am opted in but when I ring 2345 it does not mention anything about text and web freebe. I have been opted in a few month now and have never had this problem before It is usually on just after 12. How can I get it to come on?

Message 12 of 17 (2,266 Views)
mari1970

Hi Bethbradley0,

If your Text and Web Freebee expires on 06/11 then you wont actually receive your free allowance until 07/11

Message 13 of 17 (2,248 Views)
alibamba

I too am just in touch with vodafone customer services as my text and web freebie seems to have diappeared?!

no one has been intouch to say anything and until i rang the number to check on my balance did i hear the words 'you have the text and web freebie OR text and now at standard rate'.........text and now? what the heck is that and when did that come into force? i am being charges 12p per text now ( no free texts etc) and have just added £30 in three £10 top up's in this last week alone!...madness. my son has ordered me a Giffgaff sim and if this doesnt get sorted, i may have to change to Giffgaff after many years with vodafone!

Message 14 of 17 (2,072 Views)
chloefyfe

I have toped my phone up ten pound today and it usaally take it of with my bbm and it has not so I have check my balance and it's says it runs out today but I have no texts and 488mb of enternt left and I have toped it up so what do I do and how do you apply again need help
Message 15 of 17 (1,811 Views)
Indy2431

£15 freedom freebee

Hi there, i recently brought a £15 top up and have now got a balance of 40p? I thought i would have a £15 freedom yet everytime i send a text my balance keeps getting lower and lower. I would really appreciate if you could help me out as this happend last month with the same problem

Message 16 of 17 (1,796 Views)
Tech Team
James

Re: £15 freedom freebee

Hi Guys,

Get in touch with the team here and we can get this sorted for you.

James

Message 17 of 17 (1,771 Views)