Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
SophieH2512

Freedom freebee not working

I selected the £10 Freedom Freebee with texts, data and minutes last month, however when Vodafona tried to take payment for this month's freebee I did not have the credit to pay for it. Today I have topped up my phone but when I try and buy a Freedom Freebee it just says "Thank you for calling, goodbye" and then it hangs up. Any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks 

Message 1 of 10 (955 Views)
Rank 35: Scholar IV
Annie_N

Re: Freedom freebee not working

Sometimes it seems that the system "locks" when there aren't the funds to cover the automatic renewal. Live Chat should be able to help you with this - go to the Contact page and work through the options until the Live Chat option comes up - or hold on here for help from the Tech Team.

Annie
Message 2 of 10 (919 Views)
thisone

You can expect to spend at least an hour every month attempting to buy a freedom freeby. I've had to do it every month for ages. Best advice is to change providers as vodafone really don't know what they are doing here. You need to consider what you would do if you needed your phone in an emergency as I did last night and despite paying your money were unable to top up and were left with no phone, honestly it's safer to be with a provider who is reliable.

Message 3 of 10 (910 Views)
Tech Team
Sukhi

Hi thisone

You shouldn't have to do this every month. I think it's best we take a closer look at your account to see why this is happening. Get in touch here

Thanks

Sukhi

Message 4 of 10 (897 Views)
thisone

Thanks for your reply but I am now with giffgaff after my freedom freeby took 5 hours to be added last night, leaving me, a disabled person without vital phone access in case of medical emergency. Just not good enough and I've had enough. There are enough people posting on here and on my facebook survey for you to know this is not an isolated case to be brushed under the carpet within private messages. Vodaphone PAYG customers are getting an inferior service and their money is just as good elsewhere. I don't want to waste anymore of my time on vodaphone.

Message 5 of 10 (894 Views)
Tech Team
Sukhi

Hi thisone

I'm sorry to see you've left. If there is anything else that we can help with, let us know.

Thanks

Sukhi

Message 6 of 10 (886 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
roma51

If you reckon the system locks when there is not enough funds to cover automatic removal then perhaps someone can explain why every month with a balance of over £50.00 and the required top up prior to the freedom freebee expiring that it is never applied when the existing one expires and I am then being charges £1.00 per day for data untill I can contact customer services for them to put it right. Shoody service. 

Message 7 of 10 (884 Views)
Annoyed1977

I have had the same problem, but its not new.  Every month I have to go through endless attempts to top up, have even tried the automatic top up and this fails.  Each time the service is down, or the voice mail message just stops with, thank you and goodbye.   Considering the hype Vodaphone promote their service is a shambles.  Why have Vodaphone made it so difficult to undertake a simple task such as topping up.

I would not recommend this service provider to anyone. 

Message 8 of 10 (872 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
skyblue1995

[ Edited ]

Hi SophinH,

What I know it’s already been there for more than two months with 2 Sims (Since Feb) that I had last time before i move to other company. 

After that the problem is with text unlimited text (Definition unlimited text is = 1001 text, and you need to ask again to get 1000 text).

As some people said, system lock, system this, system that, we are Identify the problem already (So what Vodafone do? Does Vodafone take action till now?). Personally I don’t buy it  (Try to search more in this forum).

Thanks and Regards

Message 9 of 10 (758 Views)
Tech Team
Matt_B

Hi roma51,

We'd need to look at your account to get a better idea of why this is happening.

Take a look here for how to get in touch.

Thanks,

Matt B

Message 10 of 10 (733 Views)