Support:

Pay as you go services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
Molineux123

Getting a really bad signal at home

I'm getting a really bad signal at home.. downstairs I can't get one at all so have to leave my phone in my bedroom, thus I have to spend most of my time there as otherwise the phones basically unusable.

Had it 1 week, it's a HTC Desire Z, which I really love, and don't want to lose. I got it a week ago today at phones 4 u, I haven't gone in there yet as I haven't had time, maybe they can do something about it, but wondering if anyone here can.

When I go into town etc the signal is fine, but it's really really frustrating at home (I live on a farm, in the middle of nowhere, which probably doesn't help), glad no one can see me jumping up and down in my room waggling my phone around.

Any help? :smileyhappy:

Message 1 of 4 (2,437 Views)
Rank 8: Helper II
Amzy

Re: Getting a really bad signal at home

Hi,

If you have broadband @ home, then Vodafone have a suresignal which plugs in to that and gives you full signal.

Its a signal booster, have a search on the site for it and its a one off payment of £50 or £20 depending on your plan or you can pay it off for £5 a month.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 4 (2,427 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
Molineux123

Thanks for the advice, but I don't have broadband

Message 3 of 4 (2,421 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Woody

Hi,

Im sorry to hear of the issues you have had with signal at home.

I have taken a look at the postcode you have on your eforum account and can see that the area you live in is outdoor reception only and we have no plans at present for new sites in the area, although this may change in the future. If you are unable to use a Sure Signal due to not having a broadband line, then this may not suitable for you.

As the phone is with Phones4u, you would need to take this up with them, as that is who your contract is with.

Woody

eForum Team

Message 4 of 4 (2,403 Views)