Support:

Pay as you go services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
rishtongirl

Getting my Nokia Lumia 710 unlocked

Hello, this is my first posting, and I hope someone can help me.

I bought a Nokia Lumia 710 on 1st March 2012, believing it to be unlocked, as my partner had bought an unlocked one 2 days previously.  When I got it home, I found it was locked, so I rang the store.  I spoke to the manager at length, and after some discussion, it was agreed it would be unlocked and the normal £20 unlocking fee would be waived.  I was advised this would take 48 hours, but that time elapsed some hours ago.  Can someone advise me as to how long this will take?  I have already had my other network sim cut into a micro-sim, in anticipation of my new handset being unlocked.  I took 48 hours to be from the time of request, not 48 working hours, etc.  I know this is the weekend, but I wasn't told to wait 48 from after the weekend, or anything like that - 48 hours was the absolute deadline.  I was given this deadline around 16:30 on the 1st March, so that is over 48 hours ago.

Message 1 of 20 (6,241 Views)
ianoel

Re: Getting my Nokia Lumia 710 unlocked

hi,
as far as i am aware the phone cannot be unlocked remotely. you need to enter a code into the phone yourself. so if the manager has agreed this for you then you'll need to speak to the store to see if they have the code you need.
Message 2 of 20 (6,159 Views)
rishtongirl

Thank you Ianoel.  I have already contacted the store from where I bought the handset, and they agreed to email me the code, along with instructions of how to use the code to unlock the handset.   This was on Thursday, the day I bought the phone, but the code has not arrived as yet.  I am trying to establish a timescale as to when I may receive the unlock code, so that I can use the phone on other networks.

Message 3 of 20 (6,142 Views)
Tech Team
James

Hi rishtongirl,

When it comes to unlocking a handset the timescales can vary depending on how busy our NUC team are and also what phone it is.

The timescales for an unlock code are as follows;

Nokia - 2 working days
BlackBerry - 5 working days
Samsung - 16 working days

Sony Ericsson - 10 working days
All other brands - 3 working days

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 4 of 20 (6,135 Views)
rishtongirl

So as I ordered it on Thursday, via a phone call to the store, it should have arrived by Saturday.  It is now Sunday evening, and there is no sign of it.  I assume I will be getting my code tomorrow, which is still a day later than the guide time.  I was simply told 48 hours from the time of order, which would still have been yesterday evening.

Message 5 of 20 (6,131 Views)
rishtongirl

I received my code earlier this evening, but I cannot work out how to get the"+",  "p", and "w" up on the screen.  I am pressing the * key the required number of times, but it is only bringing up the corresponding number of *.  How do I sort this out? 
Message 6 of 20 (6,089 Views)
gav0012

I am having the same problem. Their is no * p or w keys. I have contacted Nokia directly and they have informed me the unlock code should be an 8 digit numerical only code and not the one that was sent.

Vodafone shops can't help, I responded to the email and they wash their hands of it and say the code is correct and contacting vodafone over the phone is useless as no one knows what to do.

These codes are clearly incorrrect as multiple people are having the same problems, somebody needs to take ownership of this and resolve this problem

Message 7 of 20 (6,053 Views)
Tech Team
James

Hi Guys,

I can see that your question has just been answered in another thread here.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 8 of 20 (6,048 Views)
gav0012

Hi James, I have just posted a response on this thread I would be grateful if you could respond to it cheers,

Gavin

Message 9 of 20 (6,043 Views)
mr-mojo-risin

Hello James,
has this issue been resolved yet? Its a bit worrying that vodafone are issuing unlock codes that can potentially "brick" my phone!
Mojo
Message 10 of 20 (5,972 Views)
Tech Team
James

Hi Guys,

We have flagged this with our contact at Nokia directly who has is currently looking at this for us.

Unfortunately due to the weekend it could be Monday before I get a definitive answer for you however, when I do I will update the main thread here and contact you all via PM if more details are required.

Thanks again for your patience.

James

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

Message 11 of 20 (5,945 Views)
mr-mojo-risin

Hello James,

Have you heard from Nokia yet?, I need to know before I try the unlock code that it's going to work.....this really is worrying.....

Mojo

Message 12 of 20 (5,872 Views)
rishtongirl

If you have a Lumia and your code has symbols such as p, w, + and #, then it will definitely not work.  I have spoken to Nokia myself earlier today, and they have told me that the code will just be digits (numbers).

Message 13 of 20 (5,848 Views)
fiendishlycleve

I phoned up and requested an unlock code today for my Lumia 710, currently waiting on Nokia so I hope this issue is resolved soon!

Message 14 of 20 (5,841 Views)
suntrish

Hello,

I am glad that the issue is sorted for a number of users. Is there any chance someone could assist me / provide me with the unlock code. I have received an email which contains pw numbers..

Who do i send the info to?

Thanks

Message 15 of 20 (5,733 Views)
Tech Team
James

Hi Guys,

My apologies for not updating this thread along with the main Nokia Lumia unlock thread.

I can confirm that all of the new codes have now been loaded for our customers to be requested.

@ suntrish, I have sent you a quick PM, please take a look at this and I will be able to assist you further.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

Message 16 of 20 (5,712 Views)
dannybuns

Hello can you help me i purchasewd a pac network unlock code from voda they sent it as #pw etc but i am unable to enter the #pw on my nokia lumia 710 i have been on phoine for ages to vodafone and even nokia said the code was incorrect vodafone store tried a code 4 times and it didnt work so they requested one which is #pw iu tried twice with just numbers and nothing then rang voda tried once now i only have 3 attempts left can yopu help as i dont want to block permanant i have spent loads on calls and the £19.99 from voda thanks 

Message 17 of 20 (4,185 Views)
Tech Team
James

Hi dannybuns,

You don’t need to worry as we have seen and resolved this issue before for other users on the eForum.

So that we can get this sorted I have sent you a quick PM, please follow the details on the PM and one of the team will be able to get this all sorted for you.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

Message 18 of 20 (4,139 Views)
sentinalprime

Hello, i recently had my Nokia lumia 710 replaced by another Nokia Lumia 710 because the phone went into repair 3 times and they couldnt repair the problem, I Was wondering if i can order another unlock code for the new Lumia 710 please.

Message 19 of 20 (2,951 Views)
Administrator
Matt

[ Edited ]

Hi

You have already posted around this and it can be found here

As this is a duplicate post and so we don’t split help between the two topics we will reply to your other thread.

Please do not post this multiple times across multiple threads as this is against the eForum Terms and Conditions something you agreed upon when joining.

As soon as an advisor is available they will be along to help :smileyhappy:

Thanks
Matt

I’m the eForum Moderator and my job is to read and log new posts. I make sure everyone follows the house rules and unlike my other Tech Team colleagues, I don’t answer all posts. Please note, I’m unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the Thanks button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘Is this the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 20 of 20 (2,944 Views)