Support:

Pay as you go services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
ggdgr

How do I top-up when abroad

Hi

If I have a Pay as you go sim how do I top-up when abroad?

I understand that if I add passport to my payg sim there is a 75p charge for making/receiving calls - how is this charged on a payg sim?

Thanks

AF
Message 1 of 11 (8,429 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
AnnS

The help you need on topping up abroad can be found on the following link

Roaming Information

The 75p Passport connection fee will be deducted from your balance when you make or receive a call.
Ann
Message 2 of 11 (8,428 Views)
ggdgr

Thanks

The help you need on topping up abroad can be found on the following link

Roaming Information

The 75p Passport connection fee will be deducted from your balance when you make or receive a call.
Message 3 of 11 (8,428 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Katrina_V

Hello ggdgr

We're glad to see your query is resolved.

If you still have any questions, we have fantastic help available on the Vodafone Help Centre and on the Vodafone Youtube pages.

If you still need help, either a member of our team or a fellow forum user will be able to help out.

Thanks
Kat

eForum Team
Want to give me some feedback? Yes
Message 4 of 11 (8,428 Views)
calamity37

Hello ggdgr

We're glad to see your query is resolved.

If you still have any questions, we have fantastic help available on the Vodafone Help Centre and on the Vodafone Youtube pages.

If you still need help, either a member of our team or a fellow forum user will be able to help out.

Thanks
Kat

eForum Team

Hi, i have a German SIM card and am using it in the UK, however i have just bought a topup voucher from Asda and seemingly cannot useit. It asksme to call 2345 which doesnt seem to work. Can you please help? I cant even get onto the UK customer help as they need a UK phone number!
Message 5 of 11 (8,428 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
AnnS

Hi, i have a German SIM card and am using it in the UK, however i have just bought a topup voucher from Asda and seemingly cannot useit. It asksme to call 2345 which doesnt seem to work. Can you please help? I cant even get onto the UK customer help as they need a UK phone number!

If you were a Vodafone UK customer having top up problems whilst overseas, you would most probably be advised to call Customer Services on the number to call from overseas.

The top up voucher you have purchased would be for Vodafone UK which is why it will not work on a Vodafone Germany phone.

I do not know the ways to top up a Vodafone Germany phone from overseas. Could a friend back home help with topping up your phone.

I am not sure on refund policies for top up vouchers. ASDA should be able to advise you since you purchased the voucher from them and have the receipt.
Ann
Message 6 of 11 (8,428 Views)
calamity37

If you were a Vodafone UK customer having top up problems whilst overseas, you would most probably be advised to call Customer Services on the number to call from overseas.

The top up voucher you have purchased would be for Vodafone UK which is why it will not work on a Vodafone Germany phone.

I do not know the ways to top up a Vodafone Germany phone from overseas. Could a friend back home help with topping up your phone.

I am not sure on refund policies for top up vouchers. ASDA should be able to advise you since you purchased the voucher from them and have the receipt.

Oh dear! thanks for your reply Ann,however its very strange that they do it that way. Last year i had the opposite, i had a UK SIM and used it in Germany - i just bought top up vouchers there and it worked fine on the UK SIM. So are we saying that vodafone in Germany only works in Germany? Thats just crazy!! I cant actually believe it.....
Message 7 of 11 (8,428 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
JamesBond

Hello Calamity37,

I found this on the Vodafone D2 site:

Can I also abroad credit on my ' CallYa account crediting ? No : 801

Now you can recharge your account CallYa abroad: Vodafone CallNows buy before in Germany and take to other countries: The crediting abroad is the same as the crediting a CallNows Vodafone in Germany, by calling the CallYa account server. In networks with Direct under 22 9 22With networks in Callback under * 111 * 22 922 # .
For CallYa customers in the tariff CallYa Compact is the CallYa account server not available. CallYa customers in the tariff CallYa Compact can also abroad CallYa your account via www.vodafone - compact.de crediting with a Vodafone CallNow .

Charging with credit cards (vouchers ) of foreign Vodafone network operator:By this method, you are abroad even more flexible : if the credit goes to the CallYa card to " running out "and your Vodafone CallNows are left, then you can simply buy a prepaid card, the foreign network operator ( eg Vodafone Spain*) and crediting your account CallYa . For the crediting a foreign ¿ " credit card by Vodafone D2 flat 2 € calculated and deducted directly from the top-up . Exception: With credit cards from Vodafone Italy deleted this surcharge.

Elektronisches Lastschriftverfahren (ELV ): If you participate in electronic direct debiting of Vodafone D2, you can transfer amounts from your Bank account Book directly to your CallYa account. Call from abroad under the CallYa account server ( in mobile networks with direct 22 9 22In networks with call back in * 111 * 22 922 #) and book a certain amount to

Hope this helps.

James Bond
Message 8 of 11 (8,428 Views)
calamity37

hmm, thanks for that, however when i ring that number it gives me the option to top up by pressing option number 2, however when i select it, it doesnt take me to a new menu, so i cant get to the top up menu,it just keeps repeating itself about options 1-4 without letting you go into any of them :-(
Message 9 of 11 (8,428 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
George

Hi calamity37,

Hmmm, I'm not too sure about this one to be honest. I do know that you wouldn't be able to call 2345 as instructed on the topup voucher as this is a UK only service so won't work with Vodafone Germany numbers.

If you're having issues with the number given by JamesBond, it may be worth contacting the normal customer services for Vodafone Germany as they'll be able to advise you on the exact international topping up methods.

George
eForum Team
Message 10 of 11 (8,428 Views)
calamity37

Hi calamity37,

Hmmm, I'm not too sure about this one to be honest. I do know that you wouldn't be able to call 2345 as instructed on the topup voucher as this is a UK only service so won't work with Vodafone Germany numbers.

If you're having issues with the number given by JamesBond, it may be worth contacting the normal customer services for Vodafone Germany as they'll be able to advise you on the exact international topping up methods.

George
eForum Team

Haha, ah thanks George! What a load of rubbish eh?!! i mean last year i had a UK vodafone SIM and went to Germany and used it fine, could top up there, no prob. I just cant believe that i cant do it the other way! Its mental! I mean i live in SA normally, this is like 3rd world serivces!! Iwill just get a UK sim card....thanks for your help anyway!
Message 11 of 11 (8,428 Views)