You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
Accepted Solution

How long does it take to activate a SIM?

How long does it to activare a PAYG SIM?

I bought one ~7hrs ago in a Vodafone shop and the salesman said it would be active in about 20 minutes - it's not active yet.

Message 1 of 6 (2,346 Views)
Rank 11: Helper V

Re: How long does it take to activate a SIM?

Hi

Is it a replacement sim mate?

If the above information has helped you please click the Thumbs up. If it has solved your question please click "Problem Solved".
Message 2 of 6 (2,344 Views)

No, new SIM into an old phone.

Message 3 of 6 (2,338 Views)
Rank 11: Helper V

Hi

Oh i see, here in ireland all sims are already active, you just need to top up to enjoy the service. What I would advise you doing is use web chat, the links below. An agent will be able to assist you in getting this sorted there.

If the above information has helped you please click the Thumbs up. If it has solved your question please click "Problem Solved".
Message 4 of 6 (2,336 Views)
Rank 36: Scholar V

Hi there, crouchenddave

I'd certainly expect it to be activated by the now, but you could try calling 17298 to see if that would shake it out of its torpor. See http://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/pay-as-you-go/getting-started/index.htm for some other information. Also http://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1000&PARTITION_ID=1&CMD=BROWS...

Annie.

Message 5 of 6 (2,315 Views)

[ Edited ]

Three days and counting... it finally got activated as I was typing this reply.
If you have an online account with Vodafone, and are swapping from an old SIM to a new one or simply installing a new SIM, you can do this online. Log in, go to My Account: My Device: Activate new SIM.

Be prepared to wait a couple of hours and to power you phone off, take out and reinsert your battery and SIM, and power on again before it finally activates.

Message 6 of 6 (2,003 Views)