Support:

Pay as you go services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
leqin

How long does number transfer usually take?

I rang customer services this morning asking that my old number, which I know off by heart, be transferred to replace the not easily remembered number on my new iPhone 4S SIM - the ever so helpful operative who took the call said that the line would disconnect and that I should leave my phone switched off for about the next 2 hours... no problem, because I was going out on a bike ride this afternoon, but when I got back I was looking forward to switching my phone back on and making a few calls and then updating the podcasts that I have loaded onto it... I got back 5 hours later and my old number doesn't appear to have been transferred going by my 4S's settings. So - does anybody hereabouts know how long number transfer usually take? - or should I go out on another bike ride :.)
Message 1 of 4 (16,194 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
mari1970

Re: How long does number transfer usually take?

Hi leqin,

It can sometimes take up to 24 hours for your number to be transferred.. After this time if it is still not done, then you would be better giving Customer Care a call to make sure this was requested for you

Message 2 of 4 (16,186 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
leqin

Thanks for the reply - okay well I will wait until tomorrow and see what happens. According to Vodafone's website I should wait until 'Vodafone UK' disappears off a phone with my olde style sim in it, so I've dropped it into a old motorola handset so I will wait and see if that happens.
Message 3 of 4 (16,184 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
AnnS

[ Edited ]

Hello leqin

Your number should be transferred when you turn off the old SIM and be transferred over to the new SIM within 2 hours.

Try turning off the old SIM and turning on the SIM where the number should have been transferred and synchronising the iphone with the new number to itunes.

The best of luck, hopefully it will work, fingers crossed.

Ann
Message 4 of 4 (16,180 Views)