Support:

Pay as you go services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
completenewb

Is It Possible To Top Up Someone Else's Phone?

Hi there, I was just wondering if it was possible to top up a friend's phone online or by phone. I'm not the registered user obviously, but was wondering if I can just call somewhere, give her number and my card details and tada?

Any pointers would be helpful. Thank you.
Message 1 of 3 (7,533 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
AnnS

Hi there, I was just wondering if it was possible to top up a friend's phone online or by phone. I'm not the registered user obviously, but was wondering if I can just call somewhere, give her number and my card details and tada?

Any pointers would be helpful. Thank you.

Here is the link on various ways to top up a PAYG phone.

I have topped up a relatives phone by ATM machine at the bank. You dont even need to register for the service.
Ann
Message 2 of 3 (7,533 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Claire_V

Ho completenewb and welcome to the eforum community!

You'll find lots of useful help here, from moderators and users alike :)

It is certainly possible to Top up someone elses phone, I wish I had friends like you! ;)

ATM machines are a good way to do adhoc one off payments using your card to apply credit to a PAYT number which isnt registered to you.

If this isnt an option, then you would need to be with the person who owns the phone and therefore the phone would need to be registered to them and then we need their authorisation to register your card on their number. The reason for this being, is that you can register only 2 cards every 90 days on a PAYT number and your friend may already have cards registered.

Allow your Top up to go further, by using Freedom packs too, check them out, they will save you alot of money!

Claire ;)

eforum Team
Want to give me some feedback? Yes
Message 3 of 3 (7,533 Views)