Support:

Pay as you go services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
nataliemelnyczu
Accepted Solution

NEW SIMCARD ACTIVATION

Hi there,

I recently joined vodafone as a pay monthly customer and was wondering if anyone could help me - I have a HTC wildfire (which i wouldn't recommend, I have it as I had my iphone stolen)

My vodafone simcard is displaying "no signal" but if I insert my o2 one, it has full signal, I have other vodafone users in my house, and therefore I know I should be able to get signal!

PLEASE HELP ME:womanvery-happy:

Message 1 of 8 (6,220 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
bertyb

Re: NEW SIMCARD ACTIVATION

Hiya is this a new sim or the one ? i.e. the replacement after your sim was stolen, you have ruled out your handset being an issue.

Was it sent out to you the replacement, if so you would need to contact them to confirm that it was updated on your account, it sounds as if there has either been a) an issue with it being updated on your account b) a faulty sim c) some network issue, its probably a I would thing, or perhaps the bar is not been lifted on your a/c

Message 2 of 8 (6,210 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
AnnS

If you give Customer Care a call, they will quickly transfer your number from your iphone micro SIM to your new SIM for your Wildfire. Customer Services will need the number of both SIMs to make the transfer.

A quick turn off and back on again, and you will be able to make calls on your Wildfire. 

Ann
Message 3 of 8 (6,204 Views)
nataliemelnyczu

Hi there, this was already my replacement sim, i had a 3GS, therefore no micro sim.

I have had this sim sent to me on thursday, and it just simply does not work 

Message 4 of 8 (6,190 Views)
nataliemelnyczu

Hi, this is the new sim, was delivered to me on thursday, and no signal as yet and I need it
Message 5 of 8 (6,187 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
bertyb

As Ann says you just need to call up and confirm security checks and give them the number on the sim card, and you will be up and running, normally within a few minutes (can take up to 24 hours) 

Message 6 of 8 (6,184 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
BenJ

Hi nataliemelnyczu

Welcome to the eForum!

I'm sure we can help you with this,  I've just sent you an email so I can access your account and make some changes,  if you could reply back to this email with the details I need,   could you also let me know the SIM number you want your number on and I will look into this for you.

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team

Message 7 of 8 (6,178 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
BenJ

[ Edited ]

Hi Natalie

Just to let you know I got your email and have replied back, if you could  let me know the SIM number on your reply I can sort this for you.  Just in case you havent seen this,  we have a help centre which is full of tips and answers to some commonly asked questions. If there is anything else we can help with, please let me know.

Thanks

BenJ
eForum Team

Message 8 of 8 (6,164 Views)