Support:

Pay as you go services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
cwetz

PAYG Top up Spanish SIM in the UK

Hi.

I visit Spain 2 or 3 times a year and so have a Spanish mobile with a Vodafone SIM on PAYG. In order to keep the number active and not lose my credit I know I have to top up every so often. So, here come the questions!

1) How often do I need to top up the SIM to a) not lose my credit, and b) not lose my number

and 2) Is it possible to top up the SIM from the UK for periods when I can't get back to Spain to fulfil the obligations required by the answers to question 1!

Sorry it's complicated, but I'm getting a lot of misinformation which is confusing me!

TIA,

Doc.
Message 1 of 4 (6,133 Views)
Tech Team
Sukhi

PAYG Top up Spanish SIM in the UK

Hi DocQuag

Welcome to the eForum! Hope you stick around :).

You need to make a chargeable call or send a texts at least once every 3 months to keep the line active.
In regards to topping up, you can set up a My Account online and then register a debit or credit card, which will quickly and conveniently let you top up whenever you need to :).

If you have any more questions, just give me a shout :D.

Sukhi
eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 2 of 4 (6,133 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
Paul666

Re: PAYG Top up Spanish SIM in the UK

The reply below recommends you set up a My Account online, this is all when and good but useless as the very first step asks you to put in your mobile number starting 07, which of course my Spanish mobile phone does not start 07, so can not create a My Account?

How can I by-pass this to create a My account enabling me to then top up my Spanish Vodafone?

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Paul666

Message 3 of 4 (5,215 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
AnnS

Re: PAYG Top up Spanish SIM in the UK

Paul666 wrote:

The reply below recommends you set up a My Account online, this is all when and good but useless as the very first step asks you to put in your mobile number starting 07, which of course my Spanish mobile phone does not start 07, so can not create a My Account?

How can I by-pass this to create a My account enabling me to then top up my Spanish Vodafone?

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Paul666

As your account is with Vodafone ES and has a different area code and is a treated as a separate company to Vodafone UK, your online account has to be with Vodafone ES.

You will be unable to top up a Spanish mobile number in the UK but you could look at the Vodafone ES online billing to open your Spanish account.

Ann
Message 4 of 4 (5,210 Views)