Ask a question:
NFH
Rank 4: Established Poster
NFH

PAYG nano-SIM

Where can I get a PAYG nano-SIM to replace my existing micro-SIM which doesn't fit in my iPhone 5? I've tried five Vodafone stores in London, and I'm getting inconsistent answers. Some of them say they've never had them in the stores, and some say they had a small quantity which have since gone. The answer varies even if I return to the same store.

Message 1 of 10 (6,302 Views)
NFH
NFH

Problems obtaining PAYG nano-SIM

Where can I get a PAYG nano-SIM to replace my existing micro-SIM which doesn't fit in my iPhone 5? I've tried five Vodafone stores in London, and I'm getting inconsistent answers. Some of them say they've never had them in the stores, and some say they had a small quantity which have since gone. The answer varies even if I return to the same store.

I also posted the same question in the PAYG forum but I then realised that this iPhone 5 forum might be more appropriate.

Message 2 of 10 (6,284 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
PaulE

Re: Problems obtaining PAYG nano-SIM

Hi NFH

At the moment, you can only get a Pay as You Go Nano SIM in one of our stores.

With such a popular handset there may well be some stock issues in some stores but I'm sure you'll be able to get your hands on one soon.

Paul

Message 3 of 10 (6,216 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
danielpp

Hi Paul,

I'm having the same issue at the moment. I have a Vodafone PAYG SIM card and would like to get a NANO SIM card. I went to a store and they told me that they don't have any NANO SIM cards for PAYG and that I should call 191 and they would send it to me. I called and vodafone customer support told me that I could only get a NANO SIM card at a store... Went to the store again and they said that they don't have NANO SIM cards for PAYG and that they don't know when they will have! Is there any store that does have some NANO SIM cards? If so, is there a way to check what store has them?

Thanks for a short reply,

Daniel

Message 4 of 10 (5,826 Views)
Rank 46: Oracle V
jeffkinn

I've never had a PAYG phone but it was my understanding that nano sims were not available on PAYG. Certainly the Vodafone website doesn't offer a PAYG nano sim nor is the iPhone 5 available on PAYG.

So if the nano sim is available it has to be in store only. Hopefully someone from the eforum team will be along soon to clarify the situation.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 5 of 10 (5,822 Views)
NFH
NFH

Re: PAYG nano-SIM

I eventually got mine for free from an Apple Store and transferred my existing number to it. Another suggestion was to go to the Carphone Warehouse, but you will only get one with a mandatory top-up there.

Message 6 of 10 (5,818 Views)
Kingdad

It is totally impossible to get a NANO sim for PAYG you can spend hours going from store to store and spend hours talking on the phone.  Been online chat for over 2 hours now trying to get one sorted but still no closer

Why do Vodaphone make it so impossible for iPhone 5 users to get sim cards for their phones.

Message 7 of 10 (3,722 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Andy

Hi Kingdad,

I’m sorry to see the issues you’re facing trying to get a PAYG nanoSIM.

There may be a way around this.

Pop to a Vodafone store and pick up a standard PAYG Sim and ask the store to help with activating and registering it.

Once they’ve done so, ask them to transfer your number to a blank nanoSIM.

Let me know how you go on.

Cheers,

Andrew

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 8 of 10 (3,664 Views)
madman21

Hi there

Did you get this sorted? If so, how?

I just want to test the vodafone signal in our area in my new iphone before i take the plunge and sign up for contract sim.

Many thanks

Message 9 of 10 (2,508 Views)
Tech Team
Tech Team
Kay

Hi madman21, 

Just to let you know you do get a 7 day cooling off period to test the signal in your area when you sign up for a contract. :smileywink:

Thanks, 

Kay

Message 10 of 10 (2,462 Views)