Support:

Pay as you go services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
karoo

Pac Code . new contracts and old contracts

ok. I have bought a new VF contract. I plan to start using this. I also have an old mobile phone contract which I plan to use.

The old contract will finish in 3 months time and I will request a pac code.

Is it possible for me to transfer my number to my new VF contract in 3 months time????

Message 1 of 4 (2,469 Views)
Tech Team
Simon

Re: Pac Code . new contracts and old contracts

Hi karoo

Just to check, are both contracts currently on Vodafone? You will be able to keep your number in three months time either way, however depending on whether you're on Vodafone or not the process is different.

If your current contract is on another network then you'll need to contact your current provider to request a PAC Number. This will be valid for 30 days and will need to be transferred to Vodafone during this period.

If your current number is on Vodafone, you'll be required to give 30 days written notice on your current contract in time for when your contract ends. In your cancellation request you'll need to ask for your number to be transferred to Pay As You Go. Once the number is on PAYG you can then request a transfer to a Pay Monthly contract.

Both of these process can be done online here - Keep My Number with Vodafone.

Thanks

Simon

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 2 of 4 (2,435 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
karoo

Many thanks for the reply. My old contract is with a different network , not vodafone.

I have been instore to Vodafone and have chatted online with VF reps and have been told me  either it cant be done or has to be done within 7 or 30 days.

So there should be no problem with me transferring my old number with another network to VF in 3 months time with a VF contract I staty using today?

Many thanks for your time.

Message 3 of 4 (2,426 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi there karoo,

Absolutely no problem at all.

If you follow the link Simon has provided then we'll be able to sort this out for you :smileywink:

Cheers,

Lee

Message 4 of 4 (2,407 Views)