Support:

Pay as you go services

Ask a question:
Rank 4: Established Poster
pinkcloud

Phone Will Not Send Text Messages

My phone will not send text messages although I have about £40 credit on my Pay as You Go.

I get the message "message not sent".

I tried it between my own two phones in case there was a problem with the recipients and I've tried the SIM in a different Vodafone phone.

All to no avail.

I would be grateful for any help.
pinkcloud
Message 1 of 71 (10,645 Views)
Anonymous(anon)

Hi,

Make sure you text message centre number is +447785016005

Nice
Message 2 of 71 (10,645 Views)
pinkcloud

Hi,

Make sure you text message centre number is +447785016005

Nice

Thanks.

It was when it was set up but I have had the phone for some time.

How do I check that please?

pinkcloud
Message 3 of 71 (10,645 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
AnnS

Thanks.

It was when it was set up but I have had the phone for some time.

How do I check that please?

pinkcloud

What phone do you have ?

It should be under messages > settings > message centre in use > message centre name and number.

Ann
Ann
Message 4 of 71 (10,645 Views)
pinkcloud

What phone do you have ?

It should be under messages > settings > message centre in use > message centre name and number.

Ann

Thanks for your reply.

It’s a fairly old phone a Siemens S45 and I haven’t been able to find it.

It did the same thing i.e. said message not sent when I put its SIM in my new Vodafone Nokia 2630 which has a SIM of its own which works fine.

So it’s a silly question but is the Text Messaging Centre number stored on the SIM or on the phone?

pinkcloud
Message 5 of 71 (10,645 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
AnnS

Hi

Thats not a silly question. Definitely phone.

Just a thought, since its an old phone, I wonder if you have an old message centre number on the phone.
Ann
Message 6 of 71 (10,645 Views)
pinkcloud

Hi

Thats not a silly question. Definitely phone.

Just a thought, since its an old phone, I wonder if you have an old message centre number on the phone.

Thanks.

It was defintely correct when it was put in.

But, if it's in the phone why did it not work when I put the SIM in the new Vodafone phone which has it's own SIM that works. (my last post) (I've also checked the centre number in the new phone)

pinkcloud
Message 7 of 71 (10,645 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi pinkcloud,

WOW, that's an old phone!!!!

I am going to give you the way to check on another Siemens handset that is very similar.

Scroll to “Messages”, press Select
Scroll to “Settings” and press Select
Scroll to “SMS setup” and press Select
Scroll to SMS profiles and press Select
Highlight “SMS” and press Edit (left soft key)
Highlight “Service centre” and press Select
Enter or check the number (+447785016005).

Once this is done, send an sms to 9770 (don't worry, it's free) and you should get a response sms and you should be up and running.

Let me know how you get on, or more to the point, when you are up and running again!!

Cheers,

LeeH
eForum Team
Message 8 of 71 (10,645 Views)
pinkcloud

Hi pinkcloud,

WOW, that's an old phone!!!!

I am going to give you the way to check on another Siemens handset that is very similar.

Scroll to “Messages”, press Select
Scroll to “Settings” and press Select
Scroll to “SMS setup” and press Select
Scroll to SMS profiles and press Select
Highlight “SMS” and press Edit (left soft key)
Highlight “Service centre” and press Select
Enter or check the number (+447785016005).

Once this is done, send an sms to 9770 (don't worry, it's free) and you should get a response sms and you should be up and running.

Let me know how you get on, or more to the point, when you are up and running again!!

Cheers,

LeeH
eForum Team

Hello LeeH

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the phone is 5 years old. I was not able to carry out the steps you kindly gave as the battery has gone. I thought it may be going and is the reason I purchased the new Vodafone Nokia 2630 to tide me over while I get a new battery which took me several weeks on the last occasion.

As I said in my last couple of posts, I get the same message of “message not sent” when I put the SIM from my Siemens into the new Nokia which has its own SIM which works perfectly and definitely has the correct text messaging centre number.

Although I have some £40 of credit on the Siemens I am beginning to suspect that Vodafone has blocked this phone which happened to me on a previous occasion.

How would I check that please?

I would like to use up this Siemens credit on my Nokia.

pinkcloud

PS I am not getting email notification of replies here although I did ask for it.
Message 9 of 71 (10,645 Views)
pinkcloud

Hello again LeeH

The Siemens came back to life and says it's fully charged so I followed your steps and it said that the text messaging centre number was correct. I then sent the text message to 9770 but again got the message "message not sent".

pinkcloud
Message 10 of 71 (10,645 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi Pinkcloud

Thanks for getting back to us and thanks for trying the suggested steps :)

I think there may be something on your account that might be preventing this from working for you.

To do this I'm going to send you an email. Please reply to the email with all of the information requested and we'll get back to you as soon as possible. Don't forget to check your Spam/Junk folders as we sometimes end up in there :( It'll be sent to the address you registered with

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 11 of 71 (10,645 Views)
pinkcloud

Hi Pinkcloud

Thanks for getting back to us and thanks for trying the suggested steps :)

I think there may be something on your account that might be preventing this from working for you.

To do this I'm going to send you an email. Please reply to the email with all of the information requested and we'll get back to you as soon as possible. Don't forget to check your Spam/Junk folders as we sometimes end up in there :( It'll be sent to the address you registered with

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

Hello Wayne

Many thanks. I have received your email and replied with the requested info.

pinkcloud
Message 12 of 71 (10,645 Views)
pinkcloud

Hello Wayne

Many thanks. I have received your email and replied with the requested info.

pinkcloud

Hello again

I am still trying to puzzle out what is happening.

I cannot send text messages and get the message "message not sent" but I am receiving text messages. I can also make and receive calls.

So far as I can tell the last text message I was able to send was on 30 January 2009.

pinkcloud
Message 13 of 71 (10,645 Views)
Tech Team
Dave

Hi Pinkcloud,

I've checked our inbox and we have your email so we will be getting back to you as quickly as possible to help resolve this.

We work through the emails in the order they're received, but rest assured that we will sort this for you.

DaveN

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 14 of 71 (10,645 Views)
pinkcloud

Hi Pinkcloud,

I've checked our inbox and we have your email so we will be getting back to you as quickly as possible to help resolve this.

We work through the emails in the order they're received, but rest assured that we will sort this for you.

DaveN

eForum Team

Thanks.

I have put some extra info on the Forum which unfortunately I did not put in the email which was that I had found that I cannot send text messages and get the message "message not sent" but actually I am receiving text messages. I can also make and receive calls. So far as I can tell the last text message I was able to send was on 30 January 2009.

pinkcloud
Message 15 of 71 (10,645 Views)
Tech Team
Dave

Hi Pinkcloud,

not to worry. We always have the ID of the thread linked to the email, so that we can read over what's been posted rather than getting you to reconfirm details for us, so we'll see what you've added here. B-)

DaveN

eForum Team

Message 16 of 71 (10,645 Views)
pinkcloud

Hi Pinkcloud,

not to worry. We always have the ID of the thread linked to the email, so that we can read over what's been posted rather than getting you to reconfirm details for us, so we'll see what you've added here. B-)

DaveN

eForum Team

Hello DaveN

Very many thanks again.

I am still not getting an email I requested that a reply has been posted here.

Is there something more I need to do please?

pinkcloud
Message 17 of 71 (10,645 Views)
Tech Team
Dave

Hi pinkcloud,

I'm a little confused - you've replied to the email we sent. Can you confirm the email you haven't received?

DaveN

eForum Team

Message 18 of 71 (10,645 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
kerriejohnston

Hi pinkcloud,

I'm a little confused - you've replied to the email we sent. Can you confirm the email you haven't received?

DaveN

eForum Team

I think she means she's not being notfied by email when someone replys to her post. Could you check mine when you have a sec plz? :P Ty.
Message 19 of 71 (10,645 Views)
pinkcloud

I think she means she's not being notfied by email when someone replys to her post. Could you check mine when you have a sec plz? :P Ty.

Thanks Kerrie

Yes that's it.

Sorry to confuse anybody but I thought I was clear "I am still not getting an email I requested that a reply has been posted here".

pinkcloud
Message 20 of 71 (10,645 Views)