Support:

Pay as you go services

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
pont

Re: PS VITA - Topped up but no code for wipeout?

[ Edited ]

No way in hell I am giving you 5 pounds for being incompetent.

I would have topped up using the vita, If your webpage had have looked at the user agent and constructed a page that was usable on the Vita.

Attempted that the first time, but got a little bit tired after the form would not accept my visa debit card, due to an incorrect number....

After checking it a couple of times, I figured this would never work...

Seriously find a way to give us code or give us topup vouchers to attempt this method with.

Message 141 of 646 (5,243 Views)
Ric_Wriath

I've just put a complaint in to Ofcom about it. It's pointless dealing with Vodafone customer services, as we are just getting fobbed off every time. A trip to GAME and 02 for me tomorrow, I think, for a copy of Wipeout and an 02 sim card. I've given up even bothering with Vodafone. My first and last experience of a truly awful company. 

Message 142 of 646 (5,227 Views)
GastricTitan

What seems to be the best way logging a complaint with ofcom? Email or phoning them?
Message 143 of 646 (5,337 Views)
Ric_Wriath

I emailed them. It was after 5:30, so it seemed the easiest way.
Message 144 of 646 (5,333 Views)
schoolboy_vet

Re: Playstation Vita 3G Sim

Brought PS VITA updated the software,, topped up and guess what no code... how do i get code now.. help please

Message 145 of 646 (5,311 Views)
geokarad

I am in a similar position. After a day I finally managed to top up my Vita but still haven't received any code..

Message 146 of 646 (5,306 Views)
Ric_Wriath

Welcome to the wonderful world of Vodafone, guys. The place where nothing gets answered, only passed around to various "departments." Good Luck!!!

Message 147 of 646 (5,292 Views)
dazzabird

Guess what....my code came through... how ever a truly awfull experience with Vodafone, Vodafone sim now in the bin Darren
Message 148 of 646 (5,277 Views)
pont

Vodafone, I love your style your way, perhaps one day we can be together as one.

Me, you the Vita, Your service may be just in beta, But I adore how you meter.

We all know customers are rubbish, a-holes at the best.

So why not get rid of them all, Promise them the world but never deliver.

Vodafone - If at first you don't succeed then try*, try*, try* again. 

*try will cost you 5 pounds.

Message 149 of 646 (5,261 Views)
pont

[ Edited ]

Also, I must note that you (Vodafone) told me on twitter to use the customer service number to top up my sim, clearly if it does not work if you don't use the Vita browser its not going to work if you use the customer service number....

Message 150 of 646 (5,227 Views)
pont

Really the worst customer experience I have ever had

[ Edited ]

I was never been to to compelled to use Vodafone, mostly because, I am not compelled to use any service provider.

I have used O2 when I first came to London and they where marvelous, I after that I used Orange, rubbish reception, but other then that I have no real problem with them and now I am fortunate enough to be the owner of a new PS Vita.

Like many others I was aware of vodafones claims that one would get wipeout free when they top up a sim with 5 pounds credit.

Now this became a little bit of a hassle, firstly because they did not accept my valid visa debit card ( since their algorithm apparently didn't understand the number. - see http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/New-Vodafone-Customers/How-to-get-valid-UK-credit-card-recognised-by-... ( a number that was checked about 5 times )).

After this I was advised by the nice people at VodafoneUK on twitter that I should attempt to use the customer service numbe to top my Vita ( so I blindly followed ), the result was a man at the other end of the phone advising tha the he couldn't currenlty use the system, that their system was down...

Now if it wasn't for the promise of a 30 pound game, this is the stage when I would have fobbed of Vodafone and got a O2 sim ( for they seem to be by far the best in my previous experiance ).

But nay, I went to the vodafone store and got me one of them top up vouchers...

So I went to the vodafone webside, Dealed with the buggy Javascript, and entered all my details, and charged my Vita with the 5 pounds credit...

Now your thinking, that I may have had a hard time dealling with the buggy and annoying website but it all worked out for the best..

Sorry you are incorrect, I waited, and waited for my free redemption code, but nay, it never arrived, I talked to vodafone who advised me to follow these instructions -http://goo.gl/wrPIb - Just to give them 5 more pounds and to try my luck again..

So not only does their system not work, but they insist that their customers pay for the mistakes they make...

Thanks Vodafone.

So, so much.

Message 151 of 646 (5,206 Views)
pont

Really the worst customer experience I have ever had

I was never been to to compelled to use Vodafone, mostly because, I am not compelled to use any service provider.

I have used O2 when I first came to London and they where marvelous, I after that I used Orange, rubbish reception, but other then that I have no real problem with them and now I am fortunate enough to be the owner of a new PS Vita.

Like many others I was aware of vodafones claims that one would get wipeout free when they top up a sim with 5 pounds credit.

Now this became a little bit of a hassle, firstly because they did not accept my valid visa debit card ( since their algorithm apparently didn't understand the number. - see http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/New-Vodafone-Customers/How-to-get-valid-UK-credit-card-recognised-by-... ( a number that was checked about 5 times )).

After this I was advised by the nice people at VodafoneUK on twitter that I should attempt to use the customer service numbe to top my Vita ( so I blindly followed ), the result was a man at the other end of the phone advising tha the he couldn't currenlty use the system, that their system was down...

Now if it wasn't for the promise of a 30 pound game, this is the stage when I would have fobbed of Vodafone and got a O2 sim ( for they seem to be by far the best in my previous experiance ).

But nay, I went to the vodafone store and got me one of them top up vouchers...

So I went to the vodafone webside, Dealed with the buggy Javascript, and entered all my details, and charged my Vita with the 5 pounds credit...

Now your thinking, that I may have had a hard time dealling with the buggy and annoying website but it all worked out for the best..

Sorry you are incorrect, I waited, and waited for my free redemption code, but nay, it never arrived, I talked to vodafone who advised me to follow these instructions -http://goo.gl/wrPIb - Just to give them 5 more pounds and to try my luck again..

So not only does their system not work, but they insist that their customers pay for the mistakes they make...

Thanks Vodafone.

So, so much.

Message 152 of 646 (5,171 Views)
GastricTitan

Re: Really the worst customer experience I have ever had

Update

After FIVE phone calls to vodafone and asking for my complaint to be elevated to senior staff, i have just received my wipeout code. I have also promptly destroyed the vodafone simcard and will be joining O2.

Good luck everyone
Message 153 of 646 (5,166 Views)
gbasource

The sim cards are not activated straight out of the box. I managed to get my free wipeout game and my ps vita topped up by doing the following only working method:

Go into a vodafone store and take your ps vita and the tiny vodafone booklet (that has ur ph. number on the back) with you. Tell the gentlemen behind the counter that you need your new sim card activating with a 5 pound top up voucher and that you would like him to do it for you. Pass him the mini vodafone booklet and £5. He will then put £5 onto your psvita 3g account and this will 'activate' your vodafone 3g and confirm you as a vodafone customer. Now on your ps vita, go onto the internet browser. it will attempt to connect to wifi. click the cross and it will then connect to vodafone through 3g and your entered web address should load. If it loads then you are successfully registered/activated as a vodafone customer. Go onto the network operator app on your vita then click on vodafone. Click on the my account button and sign up. You should instantly recieve a vodafone security code in your ps vita notifications. Enter the security code in the registration form and continue the my account registration by clicking onto step 3. You will then need to enter your details/email address etc then confirm them. After a short while, you will recieve a confirmation notification on your ps vita welcoming you to vodafone. A few hours later, you will recieve a notification containing your wipeout download code. (It took 8 hours for mine to come through). You may use your 'my account' username and password to sign into your account through the network provider app in future to check how much 3g data usage you have used/have left. If you ever run out of data usage in future, you can top up again by going to a vodafone store and requesting a five pound top up voucher. You will then get a reciept with the printed top up code on it. You then login to your 'my account' on the network provider app, and enter your top up voucher code (printed on your reciept) from there.
Message 154 of 646 (5,124 Views)
Waddsup

Okay i topped up £5 waited a day and no code can you get it sent throught to me because i did everything right toped up on my vita and all that thanks.

Message 155 of 646 (5,110 Views)
pont

Sorry about the duplicate posts, I am posting this in the new user forum, but vodafone seem to think, the post belongs in this thread although it is a critique of there entire new customer experiance.

Message 156 of 646 (5,099 Views)
astewart02

okay

heres my update after my 6th call to vodaphone ( 7 hours worth of calling and being passed from pillar to post. they have now asked me to top up via my debit card over the phone and i should then recieve my code within 8 hours ! . reluctantly i agreed as the customer services stated she was refunding my previous top up.

i have now not recieved the refund and have now gone through two seperate ways of topping up in order for them to resend the code which i have still yet to get 3 days later.

Now i would usually expect some issues at such a big launch but the fact that they are simply giving me the same rehashed information and not actually listening to what im saying is begining to seriously anger me now. i politely stated that my ps vita was not recieving texts and that i was worried if it was not recieving the texts , would that be the  reason i have yet to recieve the codes they keep sending me . i was then sent to a different department where i had to re-explain the same situation to three different departments untill i managed to cirlce back to the same customer service lady i spoke to at the beginning of the phone call ( A HOUR AGO).

they then went on to state that they had reset my sim for the third or fourth time and that i should wait a additional 24 hours for any activation text /wipeout code.

im truly fed up of waiting and paying for the privillege!

is anyone who hasnt recieved the activation text or wipeout code able to recieve text messages on their vita ? thanks for any replies 

Message 157 of 646 (5,049 Views)
pont

Perhaps this is appropriate ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwekc5qgVeA

Message 158 of 646 (5,032 Views)
rossva

[ Edited ]
in reply to Dave from the tech team, am posting here as I activated a different way and still no wipeout code received. As seems to be common here I had a horrendous time trying to get this working, I spoke to 5 different people at Vodafone spending over 2 hours on the phone (most of that "on hold") Eventually a Vodafone rep topped up the initial 5 bucks for me and said I would receive the Wipeout code "within 8 hours" a needless to say its not turned up. Look forward to hearing from one of you guys ASAP
Message 159 of 646 (5,021 Views)
Kesouk

So it took me two days to finally top up my Vita (done through the Vita, latest FW). That was 24 hours ago & I still haven't received my Wipeout code. I contacted Vodafone through twitter (as I don't have time to sit on hold), and they just gave me a link to this thread!

I came here to find the answer to my problem, but all I found was another 100 people with the same problem and a company where no one is willing to take any responsibility.

This is an absolute joke. This is my first experience with Vodafone, and I hope my last.
Message 160 of 646 (5,010 Views)